It's a little longer than usual but I just couldn't stop in 140 words or less. Sorry.
1. Facebook has now surpassed Google in number of users and traffic. How much time do you spend on Facebook? If not FB, do you use Twitter?
I have both accounts. Sometimes I’m really into and at other times, like the weekends, I just need an internet break. But I LOVE to converse back and forth with people and chat too!
2. What is Farmville? I do not understand why people are asking me for margarine.
I’ve written to FACEBOOK management about this. It’s WHO-VILLE, people, WHOville. Not FarmTown. Not Cracker Barrel Round. Not Peanut Butter Frowns. . WHOville. (why am I rhyming?) As in WHO the heck are these people? See. They should have asked me first. That makes sooo much more sense.
BTW: I need to borrow a can of lard and a tinfoil skillet.
3. Do you war in the Mafia Wars? I do not understand why people are asking me for cows.
The next peace blogger I see playing that game is getting kicked out the peace globe gallery. You hear me?? O.U.T!
That reminds me….I need to borrow a cleaver, a bunch of fresh sage, some rosemary and thyme. Have you seen my
4. What is Cafe World? I do not understand why people are asking me for bullets!
I’ve written to FACEBOOK management about this. A café is not a world. Take the movie Fried Green Tomatoes for instance. Now THAT’S a restaurant. THAT’S a café. That’s a world. You’ve got your homegrown drama, your homegrown sexual confusion, your homegrown dying scene and those juicy tomatoes just hanging on the vine.
BTW: I need to borrow an assault rifle. I’m never gonna win this game without one.
5. Are you being bombarded with these "See Who Has Been Looking At your Profile - See Who Your Peeps Are?" application request lately?I don't understand why people are asking me for my photograph and that of my dogs.
I don’t care who is looking at me or looking for me. I've given up trying to keep up with where I've been. I was tagged with one of these recently. I tested it out. The pictures in my collage of "peeps who peeped at me" were almost the same as the pictures in the next person’s photo album. It seems that all God's children are peeping each other. I resemble that implication! Bogus! And the thing ended up in my photo album whether I asked for it or not. Bogus! And it didn't stop there. Nooo....Once you accept one of them you get 10,000. I wrote the person who sent it and asked them to take me off the ridiculous thing. I didn't even know we were friends much less peep buddies. (That sounds so seedy....)
If you see a Who’s Peeping tag with my half face on it, please send it back to me. I’ve been looking for the other half of my face for the longest time.
6. Which FB or Twitter applications, tags or gifts irritate you the most and why?
I appreciate any and all gifts and hugs and kisses and fleurs. Thank you very much, friends.
But I draw the line at these QUESTION TAG thingies. Someone sends out a question like “Do you think Mimi Lenox is hot?” Do you think Mimi Lenox is not?” Do you think Mimi Lenox is Mimi Lenox??!” Do you think Mimi Lenox really has a castle?“ Do you think we should just ask her? (why am I rhyming again?) Do you think Mimi Lenox eats peanut butter like common people? Do you think Mimi Lenox is a snob? Do you think Mimi Lenox should date a man named Rob? Do you think Mimi Lenox is going to heaven or hell?”
I’ve taken to answering the questions about my soul myself - just for the blell of it. BTW: I need to borrow a priest.
7. Every morning I am faced with the question at the top of my Facebook profile page, "What's On Your Mind?" Now Mr. Online Mailman wants to know the same thing. Does the whole world need to know what I'm thinking at every moment? I can't write that in a public place ya know. But if you had to answer that question honestly at 9:00 am each morning, what would you say?
8. Do you know how you became friends and followers with everyone in your list on Facebook and Twitter?
Heck no. As of five minutes ago there were 792 friends in my list. Most are made up of the 898 members of the Peace Globe movement on Facebook. SOME are my actual real life blog friends. And the others I have no clue. I used to click the little “I suggest you become friends with” button in my sidebar. All.the.time. I was click happy.
I became friends with friends of friends of friends and their friends I didn’t know were their friends who might be friends with ex-friends who used to be friends with me or my friend's friends and then his friend said why is her friend on his friends friends list....which can get a girl in trouble. I don’t worry about it anymore. I can’t avoid being in neighborhoods where I’m not welcome or wonder who's raising an eyebrow. It’s the nature of the Facebook beast.
That reminds me…I need to borrow a few new suggestions. Drats! I just looked again and I have 791 friends. Which one of you dumped me?
9. Have you ever been deceived online by someone you thought was someone else? How did you know?
Serious answer: Yes. For a time last August and September I was contacted by a man who called himself Mr. Anonymous via the comment section of the Queen's Meme. He said he'd been reading me a long time and was even a peace blogger once, quickly adding that his blog wasn't REALLY true to his real life however - that he was just pretending to have someone else's life. Okay..... He told me where he was from (supposedly) but wouldn't give me his name - yet. He said he had a romantic interest in me and wanted to make his "feelings" known at long last. He wrote along the lines of... "This is no joke. I have genuine feelings for you. I will prove it to you if you give me a chance” and on and on. But things just didn't add up. He wanted to play 20 questions.
I wanted to know who I was talking to first.
Then he started dropping names of people in my past and said he "knew" them. Oh really?
But he knew more about me than I knew he had a public right to know. Where he got his information on my private life is still a mystery and of some concern to me. It was apparent he'd been watching me for some time.
I pressed him for his name and blog.
When the conversations didn't go the way he wanted, he said he'd drop it because he sensed I didn't trust him (duh) adding that there'd be "little repercussion" for me in any case. (gee, thanks for the threat Mr. Creepy) I'm still wondering about that repercussion.
I suppose it was all a cruel joke on the Queen.
It wasn't funny to me, however. Why would someone want to attempt to hurt me like that?
I don't know if he acted alone or if more than one person found it amusing to rattle and embarrass me. Either way, his talent for blatant deception is commendable. And certifiable.
To this day I have no clue why he would do such a thing to me.
The guy is one scary dude.
10. Do you enjoy chatting via Yahoo Messenger or AOL the old-fashioned way? If so, who do you chat with most online?
I love chat features! There are several people I love chatting with.
They all have names that don't start with Mr.
11. Have you ever been contacted on Facebook or via email under false pretenses, for dubious purposes, or by meddling nosy people in general?
Serious answer: Yes. I was contacted more than once by someone pretending to be someone I used to know quite well - even down to the fabricated name in the address - and just recently someone forged a letter in someone else's name and sent it to me.
It’s downright bizarre what people will do. Persistent little posers. Don't they have jobs or something? Can't they go play in the Mafia War? Had I not realized the tone was just "wrong" and not like the person at all, I might have fallen for it and answered them. That would have been incredibly embarrassing.
Like I have time for this?
12. Think about it. We are all flitting around making bird noises on the internet. What would the PETA people say?! Can you think of a more suitable animal mascot for Twitter? What kind of sound would we make?
13. What kind of new cool innovative application would you like to see on Facebook or Twitter? What would you call it?
I would call it Ring My Doorbell.Oh! They already have one. Here's the problem. I have 790....drats!....788 friends and only 2 of you have taken the time to ring my doorbell?? What is wrong with this picture?
14. Have you ever had to block someone from Facebook or Twitter?
Yes. See questions 9 and 11.
15. Do you allow your real life friends to communicate with you there or do you prefer to be incognito to the universe at large?
Do you realize you’re talking to a woman with half a face?
16. Do you belong to any CAUSES on Facebook or Twitter? If so, what makes you passionate about them and why did you join?
Click the logo to find out. Have you joined?
17. Do you know what a Twibe is?
I didn’t until we became one on Twitter. Wanna join the Peace Globes Twibe?
BTW: I need to borrow a wigwam.
18. Have you ever rage twitted? Tell me!
Anything I say before 10 am is usually rage worthy.
“Not a morning person” doesn’t begin to describe it.
19. I find that more and more people are reading my blogs on Facebook and commenting there. Do you share your blog posts on Facebook? Do you find that it helps or hinders your blog traffic?
Exposing my blog’s content - especially peace globes - ANYwhere else is always a plus. Some of the most creative and engaging conversations have occurred on the Facebook page. I love what it has done for my readership. And I’m discovering cool new people daily.