Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Girls In Connecticut and A Clandestine Mission


Two bloggers
Meeting for the first time
Imagine the excitement. Imagine the chit-chat. Imagine the blog gossip.
Imagine the......clandestine mission?
OK. They cheated!

Lois, who writes Lowdown From Lois ,wrote me not long ago when I complained about not having a peace globe from North Dakota, Delaware,Wyoming and Vermont. I so wanted to color in those states and finish the United States map.

She said that she was getting ready to take a trip and that she would be glad to technically bring me back a peace globe from Vermont. I said, "WHAT??!!"

Her logic was that if she submits it while physically in the state of Vermont - if only for a millisecond of time - it's technically a peace globe from Vermont.
Brilliant!


It went something like this: " We'll be in New England in Northern Massachusetts. We'll take a detour on the way home. We'll drive to the Vermont line, make a peace globe and post it on the blog. Voila! There's your Vermont peace globe."

Go for it, I told her. I, in no uncertain terms, encouraged her to cheat.
Oh yes. I did.

So, lo and behold, I got an email from the secret mission peace globe woman this week who was in the tender throes of executing the subversive deed (imagine maniacal laugh). Not only had she accomplished the deed, she had an accomplice!
Here they are. Lois and Tammy

Don't they look like criminals??!
I sure wouldn't want to meet those two in a dark alley.
Hubby, as I understand it, drove the getaway car

in what shall forever be known as The Vermont Peace Globe Caper


They found wild turkey, porcupines, old barns, beaver dams, lovely antique farm implements.......

and one
beautiful
lovely
lone
peace
globe
Made
in
Vermont

"We drove up there specially for you," she said.

I just want to say thank you to Lois and her crew for going the extra mile. Literally.

I love peace bloggers. Now if only someone could cross the lines in Delaware, Wyoming and South Dakota, I'd be happy to put away the Crayolas.


It could happen!



Please visit Lois here:
http://www.themadecuisineart.blogspot.com/
http://www.lowdownfromlois.blogspot.com/
http://www.livinlavidatrella.com/
and
Tammy at
Queen-Size Funny Bone

20 comments:

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I just hope I'm not wanted by the law. lol

Mimi Lenox said...

Tammy - You do have disguises, don't you?

Dawn Drover said...

It was an ingenious idea!
Great peace globe too :)

Ferd said...

That was WAY cool!!
I love bad girls!
; )

Travis Cody said...

Excellent! We'll have to find some other cheaters...I mean dedicated Peace Bloggers...to help us out with the last few missing states!

Lois rocks!

Linda said...

That Lois! She is one of a kind and to even rope Tammy into the plan - brilliant!

Now if I had only been thinking straight, I might have been able to pull off these same caper from Delaware when I passed through en route to Baltimore a couple weeks ago! Of course, I would had to have found an internet connection somewhere in the mere 11 miles that I passed through but it might have been possible. Darn the luck!

But maybe I can come up with an alternate plan ... maybe I can get Amanda's friend who lives in New Jersey to sneak down to Delaware and ... hmmm ... the wheels are turning!

katherine. said...

well....I think it should be Peace, Love, Maple Syrup and Pancakes...but hey...

I guess we have to start stalking bloggers in these states.

Mark In Mayenne said...

I volunteer to be a member of the Peace Globe Flying squad, sending in peace globes from far-flung corners of the world. The beaches of Thailand, the mountains of Tibet, the coastlands of New Zealand........all expenses paid, I trust :)

Martha said...

I'm pretty close to Delaware and can probably make it happen! My daughter is always up for a trip across a state line, if it's only to turn around and come back to PA! We maybe up for a field trip next week!

Anonymous said...

you weave one wicked story...LOL!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That is great! Hope the others show up soon :)

Daisy said...

Hooray for Lois!

Charles Gramlich said...

That's just crazy. But funny!

Mojo said...

Hmm...
Can anybody say "road trip"? Better yet, why not a "Peace Train"? Yeah... hey, that'd make a great song!
Maybe like this:
(*humming*)

"Now I've been happy lately
Thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be
Something good has begun
I've been smiling lately
Dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be
Something good's bound to come

For out on the edge of darkness
There runs the peace train
Peace train take this country
Come take me home again
"

Whaddya mean "It's been done?"

The Gal Herself said...

What a happy couple of conwomen! Your Highness, I believe you have found yourself you very own Lucy and Ethel.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

very cool !

CrAzY Working Mom said...

Great story! They don't look like criminals...not at all. *snicker*

LADYHIGHTOWER said...

This is TODAY SHOW material! Matt Lauer, where are you?

j said...

Peace love and maple syrup. That is going to be stuck in my head all day.

I LOVE Lois (just recently got to know her through the blogs) and this post makes me love her more! She is a wonderful lady that will OBVIOUSLY go the extra mile for a friend.

Yay for peace in Vermont! :)

Annelisa said...

I like it...I like it alot! :-D

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...