Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Boy's Got Girl Trouble




"Two girls are fightin' over me each and every day"


"How do you know?"

"They follow me everywhere I go! Every time I go outside. Uh...that's what they do. When is this gonna be over?"
(I'm thinking, oh, in about forty years)

"What else?"


"When are they gonna stop chasing me and stop the arguing? I said to both of them, 'If you don't stop arguing I'm gonna find somebody else.' "


"What did they do then?"

"They calmed down."


"Seriously?"

"Yep. Summer and Tiffany." **shakes head**

"Which one do you like best?."

"I like Tiffany."

"Why?"

*serious look**


"I just know she's real special. Special to me."

But the other one says nooooo....

And I say yeeeesss.....

And she says yeesss.....

And I say noooooo...
I wanted to get away from her."

I'm not telling you the whole story, Mimi. You won't like this one - this one's boring - it was the worst day of my life."

"Let me help you figure this out. Which girl do you want to talk to?"

"Tiffany."

"What's wrong with Summer?"

"Listen, she's older than us. She's five 1/2."
AND so I gotta hurry up and pick which one cause you can't remarry somebody after you marry somebody.....It has to be a boy, right?." (I am not ready for this conversation, Bloggy People! I know how to change the subject.)

"Please don't tell me you want to marry your daddy again." (that was a close one)
"But tell me, what happened?"

"I can't talk about it. It's too hard to tell."


*pause*

"It had some fightin' in it - you don't like fightin' stories. It's boring though and real real long."

"Tell me. Start right now."

"I'll tell you part."

"OK. I liked Tiffany. We didn't have a conberdsation - Summer just told me something then I don't know what went on with her but she just started chasing after me in the room and I was like 'when is this gonna be over??!'

What did you

do?
"I just started running."


"What color is her hair, Baby Boy?"


"Her usual color."

"What is her usual color?"

"Lighter than mine."

"What color are her eyes?"

"Eyes too."


"I know she has eyes. (sigh) How old is Tiffany?"
"She's 4 1/2. I've becided I'm not gonna see her again either!"

"But...But....Why?"

"I becided."
**sad face**

"Well, you can find a new girlfriend when you get to kindergarten."

"I have a boy. I have my favorite boy in the whole world - Colin. As long as I'm with Colin that would cheer me up."


Life is so simple when you're five.


And fickle.



19 comments:

Mark In Mayenne said...

Oh for the simple life!

Anonymous said...

Awww to be young again and innocent. Loved this :) Aloha

Cinnamon Girl said...

Wow Summer sounds like a handful. I say stick with Colin!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A classic post, Mimi...he's lucky to have to girls fighting over him, even though he likes Colin!

Kitten said...

What an adorable post! Ah, young love...

Svem said...

Over in 40 years? At 45 1/2 ??? Hope not!!!

Xmichra said...

lmao!! my five year old has four boyfriends and will marry them all, have four careers and four houses.

Not sure when i brought up a polygamous daughter....

Julie said...

I love how you did this post Mimi! Too sweet. We all need to becide some things don't we?

Travis Cody said...

He's wise. A guy should stick with his best pals and swear off the girls until at least 10.

Charles Gramlich said...

Well, it doesn't sound that simple. Any time women are involved, you know! :)

Unknown said...

This was truly a great post - thanks for sharing.

Desert Songbird said...

And sometimes being married doesn't even make it simple. *sigh*

Me. Here. Right now. said...

I loved this so much. Reminds me of the time my oldest son, who was about 9 at the time had decided that "Me and my best friend Ryan are going to get an apartment when we grow up and adopt a baby." My eyebrow raised. They did not. But, he did move in with his girlfriend yesterday. Those were simple times. And, I'm glad you wrote it down.

Misty DawnS said...

I just love that boy!!! Sigh - I guess I'm too old for him... but I sure would like to live the simple life again.

Mimi Lenox said...

Friends - He cracks me up. Growing up sooo fast.
Thanks for weighing in on my little man. I hope he reads this one and laughs. Silly boy.

Akelamalu said...

Aw bless his little socks! If only things were that simple when you get older. :(

katherine. said...

"Tell me. Start Right Now."

oh dear...this makes me laugh.

The Gal Herself said...

My favorite part was about her hair. "The usual color." What Nice & Easy number is that? If they don't have one, they should. Clairol would make a fortune!

Mojo said...

*shaking head*

I never had that problem when I was four.

Or five.

Or forty-five.

What'd I do wrong?

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...