Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Blog Chatter: I'm Getting Married






"I am not married to anyone either, Baby Boy."





"Is Grandpa married to somebody?"





"No. He is not. Your grandpa and I were married but we got a divorce even before you were born and we aren't married anymore you see. But just because we don't live in the same house doesn't mean we aren't friends and don't care about each other. And you. Always you."



"When I grow up I want to marry my Daddy."




I didn't see that coming.





(And did it ever cross your mind, Baby Boy, that maybe Mimi is a little hurt?!) But I digress...



"You want to marry daddy. I see. Why?"


"I like daddy."


"I like your daddy too but I can't marry him you see...."


"Why?"


"He is my son and you can't marry your own son. "


"Why not?"



"Maybe I'll marry someone else someday, Baby Boy, but I can't marry your daddy."


"That's why I'm gonna marry him."



Sigh.
Silence.

(This is the part that grownup me should have stopped arguing with a four-year-old. Hindsight is sanity.)
"Your daddy is a great guy but.....Baby Boy....You can't marry your daddy."



"Why?"


"Because you just can't marry your daddy."


"Why?"


"Because children can't marry their mothers and fathers."


"Why?"



(Pay attention. This is where Mimi goes astray....)
"It's against the law for one thing......and...."


"Why!?"



"Because it just is."



"Ok, Mimi. You can marry daddy."



Copyright © 2008 Mimi Lenox. All Rights Reserved.

22 comments:

Sandee said...

Why stages are not always fun, but this one was. Bwahahahahahaha. Sound perfectly reasonable to him. Have a great Sunday Mimi. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Pam said...

lmao i guess it's futile to argue w a 4 yr old

Daisy said...

Stuff about marriage is a little bit confusing sometimes!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I'm with Daisy the cat ... even tho she peed on my lawn.

I married a chicken !!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Sandee - Yes. You have to put yourself in his mindset. It is logical to him....and so simple. I wish life could always be that way.

Ciara - You can say that again.

Daisy - Are you confused too? Let's hope he never has to really deal with the word d.i.v.o.r.c.e.

Eric - Daisy peed on your lawn? You married a chicken??
Oh dear. I'm not sure what to make of that...

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Let me know when you're marrying your son. I want to send a card...

Mimi Lenox said...

Bud - LOL...The T-shirt or the heels? which one??

Ferd said...

My Queen, please tell me the castle is not in Bloggingham, West Virginia. You're scaring me with all this marrying your daddy stuff!

Odat said...

They're so cute at that age aren't they???? ;-)

Peace

Mimi Lenox said...

Ferd - You are cracking me up.

Odat - VERY cute.

Charles Gramlich said...

That's some crazy funny.

Barbara said...

Hi Mimi,
Yeah, how do you get out of that one ?!
Nver a boring moment with Baby boy !

Have a great Monday,
xxx

Patti said...

So sweet and innocent. That's all I see when I read this.

Enjoy his four-year old-ness!

Have a peaceful Monday, Your Majesty.

Carver said...

Beautiful shots and a fun conversation. At least it was fun for me to read since I didn't have to do the explaining.

Desert Songbird said...

It's hard to argue with "Why?"

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - He's funny!

Barbara - You are right! I was worn out when he went home that day!

Patti - Five was my favorite age with my son. Baby Boy is getting a head start.

Carver - Thanks. These pics were taken a few years ago on a beautiful spring day.

Songbird - I shouldn't have started!

Anndi said...

When you're four the world is filled with endless possibilities... I like that.

Oh... and pffffft to Bud.. I'll send a gift! :) Card indeed...

Wait til he wants to marry more than one person, at a time. You'll have to move to Utah.

Travis Cody said...

Ah yes...this is the age old question. How many "whys" does it take to elicit the "because it just is" response.

Hehehehehehee

I, too, was a 4 year old who couldn't be argued with...except I wasn't going to get married, I was determined to be adopted by Al Davis, the owner of the Oakland Raiders.

HA! Your story brought that memory back. Thanks!

Durward Discussion said...

For the person and place, marrying daddy makes perfect sense. Should the topic come up again, the response: "Let me know if you change your mind."

Saves angst.

Unknown said...

Alas, my poor children must have learned too young to stop asking why. Because I always told them what I really thought. Without even getting into genetics, I would've explained the intricacies of familiar relationships: parents and children, siblings, even cousins. I'd go into the special qualities and nuances within our family long before resorting to "societal norms," by which time they would announce, fine then, they weren't marrying anyone. And so far, they haven't, but I honestly don't think my musings are why.

Mimi Lenox said...

Anndi - It's a wonderful age.

Jamie - Great response! I'll remember that.

Kathleen - I doubt anything you said to your children confused them. Oh please. You are one of the most insightful women I know.

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - That is a cute Oakland Raiders story. Where you a "why" child too?

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...