Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Friday, September 5, 2008

Saturday 9 ~ Out To Lunch (Or Dinner)




Crazy Sam is interested in the dining habits of the Queen today. Oh.....excuse me. I forgot. The questions weren't written just for ME? Well!


She asked.
I answered.
And truthfully.


1. When you go to a restaurant, do you usually order the same thing? Naturally, it depends on the restaurant.
Generally I like to experiment with different flavors but never anything hot and spicy. Are waiters off limits?


2. What is your favorite fish dish?
Scallops with butter and garlic (and lobster for special occasions)

3. What is your favorite meat dish?
I am trying to cut out all red meat but let's pretend I can eat what I want. Porterhouse or Filet Mignon


4. What is you favorite vegetable?
Cheetos

5. How often to you eat out?
Not often enough


6. Do you usually order dessert? If yes, what?
I adore cheesecake. No topping. Just plain cheesecake.
It is on my cholesterol free diet....ahem...


7. Do you like a particular after dinner drink?
You know what a HUGE drinker I am.....LEGENDARY....
Not.
You also know I love Godiva Liquor. A former boyfriend introduced me to it once during a lazy rainy afternoon. He knew me well enough to know that a few sips of Smirnoff (his drink of choice) would do me in for the rest of the night and part of the next day. It's always better to be awake with your boyfriend. Falling asleep is so unattractive. His bar was well stocked and at the ready. "Here Mimi, add a little Godiva to your coffee today. See how you like it." I loved it! Pretty soon I was adding "a little Godiva" a bit too often. .....Not. But isn't it a pretty bottle?
So feminine. So curvy. So pencil-skirty.
Did you really think I could finish a blog post without mentioning something prissy?...

8. How far would you drive to go to a favorite restaurant?
Hmmm......Depends. Are we going dancing afterwards and staying overnight?




9. Do you like to dine with just one person or a group?

If we're having a birthday party, a graduation party, a thank-God-this-election-campaign-insanity-is-over-party or a Bar Mitzvah....a group.

If Handsome Guy (have you seen him?) is taking me out I prefer a cozy corner for two, a fireplace in the corner..... and unbloggable conversation.






42 comments:

Sandee said...

May I share your veggies? You know they are my favorite too. Very well done. I know a bit more about your eating habits now. How about splitting a Filet Mignon? Yummy. Do they go with Cheetos? Well of course they do. Have a great weekend. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

At my favorite restruants I always tend to get the same thing. I know it's good and I don't go to those restruants that often.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Sandee told me that you did well here. She did not lie. Say hi to Charles for me. Ask him to say hi to Judd...

Mimi Lenox said...

Sandee - I will share my Cheetos with you anyday. They go with EVERYthing.

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - That is always a safe bet when you're looking forward to a favorite dish. Happy Saturday!

Mimi Lenox said...

OH. And Bud says hi!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bud - **Rolling eyes**...Thank you for the compliment (and thanks to Sandee as well).

Message delivered. I hope nobody kills the messenger....

Wapsicle said...

First time visiting here.

I would have to agree that Cheetos are way better than my squash, cucumber and broccoli flower.

Hmmm... I think I'll try Godiva on my coffee next time. I was trying to look for other ways to "spice up" my caffeine intake.

Happy Saturday 9! :-)

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

mmmmm... you had me at the scallops and boyfriends with Godiva (well, you know how to pick 'em!)

Giggles said...

Yes make that three for cheetos, and lobster and porterhouse...mmmmm This post is just too yummy!!

Hugs Giggles

Must try Godiva one day! What's in it I wonder?

Akelamalu said...

Mimi my love, you made me LOL with your choice of vegetables! I've never tried Godiva, in fact I don't think I've ever seen it here. I'll keep a look out for it now and try it.

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering while watching this - what excellent choices. I love Godiva too - we just have to go out for dinner one day :-)

Unknown said...

I just finished breakfast half an hour ago; those photos and words have my mouth watering… for steak and lobster!

Anonymous said...

Cheetos and cheesecake - yum! One of our favorite restaurant's just stopped serving my husband's favorite item from their menu. He feels so lost and devastated. The moral of the story is that you should always have a backup plan. :)

Linda said...

Remind me next time we're together in real life to bake you a cheesecake - I make one heck of a New York style cheesecake and I guarantee to remove all of the calories just for you!

Mimi Lenox said...

Wapsicle -I LOVE the name of your blog and the little popsicle icons are so cute. Thanks for stopping by. Do come again.

Maryam - I do know how to pick 'em. Wink.

Giggles - As a matter of fact I think I need to make a cheetos run right now!

Mimi Lenox said...

Akelamalu - Go get some. It's great in your coffee ....with a kick.

Mimi Lenox said...

rennyba - Making myself go out more is at the top of my list too. Have a great weekend!

Nick - I know! I think I should cook up something....maybe not. My cooking is always the best. Ahem...

Mimi Lenox said...

Trish - Backup plans are imperative. I love cheetos AND cheesecake but not together!

Mimi Lenox said...

Linda - I will hold you to that my friend!

Lisa G said...

LOVE your header image. Cheetos sounds like a perfectly wonderful veggie to me, too! Thanks for visiting my blog btw :)

Margo Moon said...

Cheetos!?! This shatters my image of you as too genteel to risk a bad case of chedda-digitosis. Dang.

Debbie said...

next time i get chit for bringing home cheetos, i'll tell my husband that Mimi said they are veggies so I can have them!

Mimi Lenox said...

Nurse - I think I'll start a cheetos fan club. And thanks!

Mimi Lenox said...

Margo - Chedda-digitosis??!! What's that???! You know I'm a hypochondria!!

Debbie - You tell him.....I'll back you up. Shall I make a royal decree?

Diana_CT said...

The Scallops with butter and garlic look simply delicious!

Barb said...

I love your world! Cheetos are a vegetable? hahaha!

Anonymous said...

A person of royalty after mine own heart. Scallops!!! Food of the gods. The diet of champions. Pure nirvana. Well, you get the idea. And lobster is a very close second!! Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

Anndi said...

I have to throw caramel corn in the veggie category as well.

If waiters are off limits, there's always the delivery guy.

As long as I don't have to cook the lobster myself, yummo. And steak? That word is music to my Chicklet's ears.

ShannonW said...

Cheetos and cheesecake...what a great combination!

Anonymous said...

You know what's really good? That Godiva chocolate liquer on ice cream! It's yummy.

Mimi Lenox said...

Diana - I may have to order some tonight!

WillThink - Welcome to my insanity.

Mimi Lenox said...

Lee - With all the rain we had yesterday in the south you and I could have set out a fishing pole and caught our own dinner! Just a thought....Or not. The Queen fishing? I think not. The nails...gotta worry about the nails..

Anonymous said...

That's a nice bottle, yes.
I used to collect them... a long, long time ago.

You can find my answers here:
http://www.laaneworld.com/2008/09/dining-out.html


Have a great week!

Mimi Lenox said...

Anndi - I love candy corn too!

Shannon - But separately!

Annie - I'll try the ice cream trick for sure.

Mimi Lenox said...

Laane - So you love the bottle too? Isn't it prissy? Yep. I thought so.

Travis Cody said...

Cheetos are a veggie? Who knew?

Jodi said...

Cheetos rock! The scallops sound divine. Almost as good as my shrimp scampi.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

What resturaunte` has the finest Cheetoes?? I must know.

... and why is my keyboard orange?

Anonymous said...

Your answers rock! Can't help but get interested with the "unbloggable conversation." Heheh. You made me smile..

Desert Songbird said...

Lobster! Filet mignon! Man, I think I just ate my weight in food.

Patti said...

Yum to lobsta! (that's how we say it around these parts)


I've still never tried Godiva. I can't afford it right now, I'm sure.
Sounds pricey. And pencil-skirty, of course.

That restaurant you showed us looks so inviting. Soft lighting, tables for two...I want to go.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...