I was tagged for this meme by Mimi, Queen of Memes. That's right. I created this nifty little meme and will tag the five bloggers who remain in Bloggingham Dungeon. This is your Get-Out-Of-The-Dungeon free card. It's called.....
2. If you tell a lie your nose will get bigger.
3. Morning dewdrops will erase freckles.
4. If you don't go to sleep at 8:30, Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy and every other imaginary me, won't arrive with a present.
5. I have eyes in the back of my head.
6. You're not fooling me one bit, young lady!
7. It's bad luck to wash your hair during your menstrual cycle.
8. If you swallow your gum, it will stick to your stomach for seven years.
9. I saw you hit your brother.
10. Boys don't respect girls who call them.
11. You'll be sorry you said that to me one day!
12. Tell me the truth and I won't tell your father.
13. Get out of the tub quickly before you go down the drain.
14. This shot won't hurt.
15. Be nice to people and they'll be nice to you.
I knew this was a lie because I was nice to the doctor and the shot still hurt.
How am I sane?!! I was only guilty of telling #4 and #5 to my own child. Whew! I think I did OK as a parent. As for #6, I would say "I always know when you're lying" -sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.
Baby boomers, especially, should have interesting answers to this meme. Mine were pretty standard and un-original, except for the freckle erasing and hair-washing horrors. I remembered more than ten but you are not required to do more than ten in this meme. If you do, however, you may get extra cake and ice cream in the dungeon.
Mimi, Queen of Memes tags -
Empress Bee (I want to know what Podunk mothers say) Starr (I want to know what fairies say) Frank (He lives in a cave. Need I say more?) MO (because he's Mo) and anybody else who wants royal treats.
Don't worry. I didn't cook anything myself. If you want good cake, visit Bee.
UPDATE: Morgen has finished his meme. He is out of his chains. It is hysterical. Click here.