Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Blog Chatter ~ Mimi Queen of Memes Dethroned


How did I know it was against the law to impersonate a Queen?

Just because her crown matches her overly fluffy wardrobe doth not a Queen make. She knows nothing about fashion and she's holding a bowling ball for Heaven's sake. What kind of Ruler is that?!.

Bobby didn't tell this when he hired me for this gig. I knew it was too good to be true. Just one more day until the Bestest Blog Meme Carnival and this happens!

Buckingham Palace has refused to allow my nifty blog crown in the Queen gallery. They said the Blogosphere was not a real country. The nerve. Sir Lancestrong wanted to know our nationality and parliamentary procedures. I decided to go straight to the source. One thing is for sure. I'm determined to find a way to get my portrait in Buckingham Palace.



"Look," I said. "I don't have a horse. I don't need a horse. Just because Queen Elizabeth I ruled from a pretty pony surrounded by pretty boys doth not a Queen make."

"You're just a play-pretend Queen, Miss Lenox, with a fake crown and invisible subjects.
You don't even have a flag."

Well...he does have a point. Who would want a Pencil Skirt like me to rule a Monarchy anyway? I couldn't bear to walk around in a skirt like this!
...
I knew I couldn't get away with it. It was absurd.

I'll just stick to gathering Peace Globes and telling people about Dona Nobis Pacem .


Wait a minute.... What's Queen Elizabeth holding in her right hand....Could it be?

It IS.
It's an olive branch. This is the Queen's official Peace Portrait!

Peace?! That's it!


Who said I didn't have a flag? I have lots of flags! At the top of my blog there are Peace Globes from India and Asia and France and The United States! From all over the world right here in Bloggingham Palace.


Just as I was about to present my myriad of beautiful Peace Globe flags to Sir Lancestrong I got an email from blogger buddy Frank Sirianni from Foxxyfrre's White and Black Art Gallery.

Dear Mimi,

It is my first finished piece of 2007. I was going to post it on my art site, along with others I drew, but something held me back from doing that.Then I read your post on January 15th, and saw the picture of you wearing the crown you pasted on. Then I stopped at Gem's blog, where Gem had mentioned that you were "the most down to earth Monarch" she knew. Both these posts made me giggle. I said to myself, "Self" (I kill me sometimes) the most down to earth Monarch must require a portrait for all Monarchs have them done. Being the Down to earth Queen of Memes, I knew that I would not be locked up in a tower if the portrait absolutely photo realistic to represent the Monarch. I got a giggle out of this because when I lived in Ottawa, in the Parliament Buildings, there is the only accurate painting of Queen Victoria that was ever painted. Queen Victoria was born with one arm much shorter than the other. The artist painted this fact and spent the rest of his days in the Tower of London as a prisoner. I'm positive that this fate will not befall me, for the drawing may not be photo realistic, but to me it caught the essence of Mimi Queen of Memes.
I hope you enjoy the drawing. It was a pleasure to do."


I AM a Queen! With my very own pencil drawing.
What else would a Pencil Skirt have?
Thank you, Frank. What a kind and thoughtful thing to do.I love it!

You made my day.

See you first thing Monday morning at The Bestest Blog Meme Carnival.
Thanks to all who submitted. Your memes are awesome.

10 comments:

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Mimi, I need to know where to link my page...this post's url, your homepage, will there be another one? Not sure what to do.

Liz Hill said...

LOL too funny and we are NOT invisible subjects as the MEMEs will well attest.

Mimi Lenox said...

Belle - Email me directly at mimiwrites2005 at yahoo to discuss. I tried to leave a comment on your blog yesterday and had trouble. I did get your submission.

Mimi Lenox said...

Turnbaby - We are most certainly not invisible! All Hail the Peace Globes.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well personally i don't think it is an olive branch at all, i think it is a feather duster. and i think that is the upstairs maid. and i think you ARE the queen of memes. i declare you so! and, after all, i am an empress you know. so there you go honey.... bee

Dean aka Sgt Dub said...

And now you have the official royal artist to attest to your royal being. Great job Frank, and rule with wisdom Queen Mimi

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Your Highness....I shall slay all who try and keep your royal portrait from it's rightful place.

Off I go and will not return until I have their heads to present to you.

Clickin Mama J said...

Mimi this is gonna be great! Can't wait for the carnival to start!!!

Crazy Working Mom said...

I can't wait! : )

peanut butter said...

why would anyone want to dress like them?

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...