Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Dona Nobis Pacem: Endings Make Perfect Beginnings

Dona Nobis Pacem

These stunning photographs were captured by Annelisa from East Sussex, United Kingdom. I went to her blog tonight, Words That Flow, looking for a sunset shot I'd seen earlier to end the day's stories. As you'll recall I used Annelisa's wonderful sunrise photo to begin the day. I have placed it at the end of this post for a reason.

Even though her sunset photos are truly wonderful I just could not bring myself to punctuate the ending of Peace Globe Day .

Because it has not ended.

We are flying....... We are dancing........
We are happy....


The first BlogBlast for Peace has come and gone - at least on the calendar. But what was begun today will continue. Not because I said so, but because you said so.
Hundreds of

bloggers spoke with one strong voice on this day, November 7, 2006 -the very first
Dona Nobis Pacem in the Blogosphere or Peace Globe Day.
I am humbled beyond words.

We all should be humbled.

We all should be proud.
My Papa's prayers became my vision.
My vision became your vision.
Our vision will see change.

How do I know this?
Because up until the eve of this wonderful day my words were only half alive. Unknowingly, I spun them from an incomplete dream and hung them on a half circle of peace. It was not until my dreams were visited by a long-ago prayer...........

that the dream became a promise.


This is Frank Sirianni's first grandchild. Present and accounted for on the day her Papa spoke for peace. He sent me this photograph from Canada at almost the exact moment I discovered a little blue marble in the bottom of a wooden bowl - delivered by my own Papa many years ago
A prayer full of peace
and promise.


Original photographs by Annelisa, United Kingdom.

10 comments:

Annelisa said...

Your last post for the Blogblast for Peace day came when my following day had begun... and you're so right. One day is not the beginning and ending.

It is part of the long flow of days into nights into days... every day of which we can try to make into a day of peace.

Every day of which, we can try to make it more peaceful round us and within. Your idea, Mimi, allowed us all to come out of our own little worlds and share a common vision. That vision can be taken and re-used in bigger or smaller ways every other day. We can use the sentiments and ideas that were created and delivered yesterday to carry round with us ever-onwards...

Like I said, I carried a warm globe round inside me all yesterday. It's still glowing today :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Queen Mimi! You did it! Your Peace Globe movement was a spectacular success, showing to all and sundry that people REALLY do want peace, joy and love to prevail in the blogging world and beyond! WOOHOO! c",)

Jan said...

This morning, November 8th here, I began to suddenly get comments from folks that mentioned a Dr. John. I checked out his blog, and being such a joiner of these things and having had my day brightened by this already, I decided to join in on dr. John's marathon!
I enjoyed reading your post and because of dr. john, am finding new blogs to add to my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Mimi, my dear friend,
I ended up with 114 Blogs For Peace at
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Thanks for graciously allowing me to be a small part of this movement.
I am touched and humbled by the out-pouring of love and participation.
Peace Be With Us EVERY Day

Morgen

krystyna said...

Hi Mimi!
Great blog, great post, great music. I'll be back to see pictures, now there are inaccessible.
All the best to you!

Anonymous said...

oh shucks..i missed it. but yeah..what a great idea! next year...:)

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

It is always a good day when people choose peace over war.
The majority of US citizens "spoke with us" on Nov.7

Lovely post.

Loving thought to yuo and all

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!peace!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG...incredible how you put the final spin on this incredible day inspired by your Papa...

Blogging began for me as a way to get out the things inside that were begging to get out...

What has happened is I have been able to read some incredibly inspiring words by people all over the world.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your dream.

Terra Shield said...

I missed out on posting the globe... but I wrote a small piece on peace on my blog today (2 days later!)

Maybe next year...

PS: This is an awesome idea...

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...