Queen Memes has been tagged by The Weird Meme. Gosh, maybe I should be insulted! I started to have one of my servants answer these questions but I'm fresh out of weird housekeepers at the moment. However, tagged by King Silly himself, I am honored to be counted among the weird. In case you haven't read Morgen lately over at It's a Blog Eat Blog World, please don't miss his 7 Silly Questions articles. They are a hoot (just a little Halloween pun there) And speaking of Halloween, Morgen's site is a feast for the spooky-starved. Totally appropriate for the weird meme to pass through on its weird way. .
This is not your typical meme. You are not asked questions. You simply list NINE weird things about yourself and then tag nine others. The problem is choosing which hinges of insanity you want to share with the universe. So here I go.
1. I hate clocks. On weekends or days off I sometimes unplug the alarm clock so that I don't have to look at the time at all or turn the clock to the wall. . It just makes me feel less pressured and more leisurely. Make sense? I didn't think so. That's why it's weird.
2. I have a phobia of rodents. I'm not scared of them. I'm petrified. Screaming, up on furniture, hyperventilating scared. Certifiable.
3. I'm not afraid of snakes and have been known to pick them up.
5. I am a terrible cook. Weird because my grandparents owned two restaurants and were fabulous cooks. My most famous recipe disasters which live on in infamy and indigestion are Peanut Butter Pork chops and my ridiculously awful macaroni salad that no amount of mayonnaise or prayer could fix. I am politely asked NOT to bring food to family functions. My dad calls me Blanche. If you don't know who Blanche is just think felonious-American-woman-executed-on-death-row-for-poisoning-a-string-of-clueless-husbands-with-delicious-banana-pudding.
This explains why the grocers in my neighborhood will only let me buy one banana at a time.
6. After writing #4 I feel the need to go in the kitchen now and put some gin in my coffee. If I do anything weird while I'm gone I'll let you know.
Ahh....that's better. No gin but French Vanilla works wonders.
7. I seriously can't stand violence on TV or in movies. I will not watch it or listen to it. In fact, I have to frequently leave the room or turn away. This can be a problem when I go on a movie date. Men don't generally like your weirdness to show in public. But it's OK if you're snuggled on the couch watching Rambo reruns (somehow I doubt I would be snuggled up to a Rambo watcher but I digress...) beCAUSE your date can use the "I'll protect you" line to further advance snuggling. Here's my plan (shh...don't tell) If I find a tall, dark handsome fella with a Master's degree in anything other than NASCAR with Hulk Hogan arms who likes to watch Forever Young or Sleepless in Seattle and can put up with my weirdness and my run-on sentences I might let him rescue me from rats and Roots.
(famous for his opera role in Mozart's Marriage of Figaro). He had no comment to make which I can only imagine means "No news is good news." Could be, however, he'd heard the rumor that said soprano once got locked in the bathroom during a Mozart performance of Magic Flute and missed her cue. Conductors are so picky about those things!
I think I should be concerned that that was easier than I thought it would be. Thank you, Morgen, for the opportunity to PSYCHOanalyze myself to the world.
I can only hope Cowboy is not reading this.
I hereby tag Gale, Bazza, Yaxlich, Lizza, Bee, Moof, Bud, Frank, Rhys and Irene.
Don't forget the BLOGBLAST FOR PEACE.