Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, November 28, 2016

I Am Sure, Quite Sure, That Today Is NOT My Birthday

It's the same every blog year. November 29th rolls around and the calendar says it's my birthday. But it can't be my birthday. The year I was born this man, Abraham Lincoln Dwight D. Eisenhower, was president. Holy moley!


Eisenhower-Kennedy transition
I was alive when the first man walked (and talked) on the moon.  They always forget the "talking" part.  I stayed home from first grade the day President Kennedy, my hero, was buried. School was closed and my mother wept as we watched on the black and white television.  Do you remember that JFK created and established the Peace Corps?

And I was in high school during the Nixon/Ford Republican years when the Draft kept us wondering if my brothers would wind up fighting on a foreign shore.

 The Watergate years were worrisome and politically embarrassing, but it was nothing in comparison to what we witnessed in the 2016 election, or during those sordid blue dress White House moments.

How has my non-birthday meandered into politics?
Doesn't it shroud everything these days?
At least that's the way it seems. 

My non-birthday is a decade mark on the calendar for me and I must say that even though I feel almost as young as the still-uncolored bouncing curls on my brunette head, my mother confirmed that today is indeed the morn she birthed a tiny 5 lb. girl at 5:05 am who looked like a little squirrel in the palm of her hand with a head of dark hair.

Even though she called me a day early to wish me a happy birthday.

See....it's that age thing! She forgot her own daughter's birthday but "remembered it like it was yesterday." LOL   I thanked her as if tomorrow had arrived. Did you get that, Bloggy People?

But let's look at the bright side. It's the year 2016.  John F. Kennedy couldn't be further from the presidency in soooo many ways (nope, that wasn't the bright side) but the world still spins and I'm still alive in the year I turned something-something-something that shall not be revealed.  It's really worse for Homer you know. I overheard him talking to his girlfriend last night. He said I "drove him battier than the Cubbies' dugout" on non birthday days and he wants to jump off a cliff.



I'm going to find some cake.

And a cliff.

Time for the next decade to begin. 
Let's jump!





Like Our Facebook Page

8 comments:

Mark In Mayenne said...

Happy decade!

Patti Villers said...

Bon anniversaire! Abraham Lincoln, I mean Dwight D. Eisenhower, was President the year I was born, too. We have that in common!

I hope you have a great day. My birthdate is a 29 too! My lucky number.

Frank Sirianni said...

Once upon an not so long time ago, when the ruler of the land was a Mr. Dwight D. Eisenhower, a woman - forever to be known as The Queen Mother of Blogginham- held a little squirrel of an infant girl with a head of black hair in her arms. As the sun rose and caught the twinkling eyes of the infant, that little beam of light reflected outward. Now taking the assumption that there would be nothing in the path of that tinkling light and it would not dissipate or fade for any reason, it would travel at the speed of light ever since that early morning hour with nothing to stop or hinder the light. Using the speed of light, that twinkle would now be 3.52187 x 10Exp14 miles away. Imagine that every time our little squirrel caught a glint of sunlight in her eyes another beam would start its journey.

Now let us fast forward in time to circa 2006 when there was a coronation in the Bloggosphere and Queen Mimi began her reign. Shortly after this, our Queen had a twinkle in her eye due to a spark of an idea and lets assume that that spark or twinkle could travel as light does (ideas should travel like light or people would not characterize an idea as a floating light bulb over ones head). That idea was Donna Nobis Pacem and that spark of an idea has now traveled 5.879 x 10 Exp 13 miles away. That's almost 5 million times farther that the Voyager One space probe has traveled, which contains the famous Golden Disk with its message of peace to the heavens above for its denizens.

I'd like to think that if there is anyone out there that they would be able to read and understand little glints of light from twinkling eyes and the sparks emanating from an idea.

Look up on a starlit night and you may be able to catch a glimpse, just a glimpse, of a peace-bearing-eye-twinkle.

Happy Birthday Mimi

Crazy Sam said...

merry christmas & a happy new year! :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Mark - Thank you for dropping by on my non-birthday. I appreciate it so much. We are comrades in decades probably. Or not.
Be well!

Mimi Lenox said...

Princess Patti - I've always admired your youthful outlook on life and that infectious laugh of yours! Thank you for stopping by on my non-birthday. I'm still non-celebrating.

Signed,
Grumpy Queen

Mimi Lenox said...

Frank - You got me with this little story of yours. I'm glad you traveled at the speed of light to get over here to celebrate my non-birthday as well. Please forgive me for not wishing you a happy-happy on November 4th on YOUR non-birthday. I remember it well. (I hope I didn't just pull a mother moment...)

Your gift for storytelling is intact.
Peace drew us together, didn't it? So many blog years ago.

I hope you and your family are well.

Mimi
Queen of Bloggingham

Mimi Lenox said...

Crazy Sam - And to you as well! :)

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...