Why did I stop at 12? Because I'm afraid of the number 13.
That's triskaidekaphobia for all you non-phobia speakers.
Identify these six common (and uncommon) phobias. You can answer rightly if you know the correct answer or spoof them all! Define the following phobias.
I spoofed the answers. The real definitions are in parentheses!
1. What is mysophobia? The fear of my sophomore year.
4. Novercaphobia - The fear of novocaine
5. Dipsophobia - The fear of chewing tobacco
6. Gymnophobia - The fear of basketball games
7. Hippophobia - The fear of hip-pop music
8. Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - The fear of monstrous dahlias
9. Lachanophobia - The fear of laxatives
10. Uranophobia - The fear of planets with weird names
11. Levophobia - The fear of Levi jeans
12. Make up your own phobia word and explain what you are afraid of.
Playerophobia - The fear of meeting one more lying player in the dating game of life.
Where are all the good guys? Hmmmmm???
The real answers1. Mysophobia - The fear of contamination and germs
2. Ailurophobia The fear of cats (my apologies to The Cat Blogosphere)
3. Technophobia - The fear of technology
4. Novercaphobia - fear of your step-mother
5. Dipsophobia - fear of drinking
6. Gymnophobia - fear of nudity
7. Hippophobia - fear of horses
8. Hippopotmonstrosesquipedaliophobia - the fear of long words
9. Lachanophobia - fear of vegetables
10. Uranophobia - fear of Heaven
11. Levophobia - fear of things to the left side of the body
That's it for the Queen's Meme. This is Mimi Pencil Skirt reporting live from Bloggingham Palace.
Totally off her game tonight.
Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4, 2011.