Welcome to the Queen's Meme #71
It's a meme about sports!
(**1919 Green Bay Packers**)
Now that the Superbowl is over, I thought it would be fun to take a little football quiz. I already declare failure but that is beside the point. There are many things about football that endear me to the game. Men in tight pants come to mind, ballet moves, food and music. What could be better?
1. In football, the "ball" is not round. Does this concern you?Yes. It is no sport if the ball is not round. That is my theory.
2.Can you decipher just one of the sideline hand signals?Of course. I only see peace signs. You see them too...don't you?
3. What did you think of the halftime show?What was that???!!! They should have hip-hopped off the stage.
4. I do not understand why it is so important to knock people down if the object of the game is to get back up and run with the ball. Wouldn't it be simpler to just toss it back and forth and see who could catch it first?
I so agree, Mimi. The game is so violent I can't even watch it.
5. What is a down?It's when they fall down. And someone is ALWAYS "down." Why don't they say 1st up, 2nd up, 3rd up, etc. It doesn't make sense to celebrate the down.
6. Besides the obvious testosterone flying around (ladies) and the cheerleaders in short skirts (gentlemen) what else about the game of football fascinates you?The ballet moves in slow motion which I think would be wonderfully artistic with a round bowling ball in hand.
We could rename the whole game Ballet Ball.
7. If you could add a rule to the game, what would it be?The next person who messes up the National Anthem should be made to stand on the 50 yard line like a bowling pin for the whole game.
And that is my extremely intelligent take on the game of football.
Goodnight John Boy.