Welcome to The Queen's Meme #63
Let's talk Christmas. I'm in a naughty and nice mood. Some are one-word answers, others need a little explanation. Feel free to elaborate when the blog spirit moves ya. And above all else...Have fun!
1. Amazon.com or the MallNeither. I hate the mall at Christmas. Too many people. I like to go to out-of-the-way small places.
2. Bows or ribbons - BOTH
3. Expensive or sale tags - Sale tags on expensive items
4. Long list or short - Short. Very short.
5. Wrapped packages or gift bags - Gift bags are soooo easy and prettier than packages but there's something special about watching a little kid open the box with wrapping paper and bows too.
6. Eggnog or vodka - NEITHER
7. Have you finished your shopping? - No. I'm a last minute shopper for sure. And I like it that way.
8. A Christmas Carol or The Bible Story - Jesus. Angels. Wisemen.
9. Are you Scrooge or Santa's Helper? Depends on the day
10. Did you ever catch Santa Claus in the act? of what??
11. Tell me about your Christmas tree...gotta pic? Yep.
12. Christmas carols or Rock Station - Please. I am begging you. If I hear Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree" one more time, I'm going to scream.
13. Do you believe in Elves? No. But I believe in Elvis.
14. I am looking for Santa. Describe him for me.
He's imaginary and invisible. Magical. If I describe him it's bad luck and he'll disappear forever. Nada. I won't. Bad karma.
15. Do you leave cookies out or bourbon? Do I leave cookies out WHERE? Mimi, you really need to be more specific. You can't even answer your own questions.
16. White lights or multi-colored - White lights on most everything including the plants and any existing furniture that doesn't run screaming from me.
But I do have a multi-colored little tiny tree in my kitchen. I've always had one in the corner. For years. And once you start a tradition, then everybody expects a multi-colored tree in the corner!
17. Wreaths on the doors, windows, outside?Once upon a married life we had icicle lights all around the outside eaves and even on the dormers. My ex-husband and son would climb atop the roof and it took them all day. I loved it. But since I can't convince Homer to do it for me this year, the lights will remain inside.
18. Who are the 3 wisest wise men in your life?Two of the wisest have passed on. I'd say Baby Boy ranks top at the moment.
19. Is Christmas religious or commercial for you? Spiritual
20. Ever kiss under the mistletoe? Yes
21. Stars or angels on top of the tree - The angel we had for years caught her dress tail on fire. No more angel girl. Now I have a crystal star.
22. Who deserves to get a lump of coal for Christmas and why? Where to begin....
23. Who is #7 in the 12 Days of Christmas song?
They were a'swimming
24. Snail mail cards or e-cards - I use Jacqui Lawson's awesome online card service. She has the most adorable e-cards. I also send real cards!
25. What do you want for Christmas?
Peace on Earth
And remember....Santa Claus (and Mimi) are watching you. Be good now!