Spring has flung and fling has sprung. It is time to put your imaginary hat on and step outside the box into the world of fantasy. Spring! Love!
Lust! Pheremones! Broken hearts! Dares! Parties! Beaches! Trips! The world of flinging! Ahh....the romance. Ahhh...the migraines.
The Spring Fling Meme
(The Lovers Dance)
1. Tell us about the your latest spring fling.
I was standing by the Bloggingham moat on a bright afternoon.
A frog swam by. I kissed it.
Trouble is, by October I was still kissing frogs.
2. What made your fling so special? OR what made it so bad?
It wasn't the kissing that was so bad.
But the frog kept hopping from lily pad to lily pad. There's nothing worse than an unfaithful frog.
3. Have you ever been flung on vacation?
Ask the frog.
**In Grimm's original fairytale version, the princess threw it against the wall in disgust before it turned into a prince.**
Brother, that Grimm was a brilliant man.
4. All current serious relationships aside, what would be your fantasy spring fling?
Come on. You can tell us. We won't tell your significant other. Maybe.
My fantasy would be to kiss a frog that doesn't turn into a toad.
I'm still working on that one.
5. How long did your spring fling last?
(either the one in your head or the one in your bed)
The one in my head never ends. Spring flings eternal.
6. Is there a blogger you'd like to fling for spring? Would you tell them?
7. What is the worst thing that could happen during a spring fling?
To tell the blogger about the frog. Let me tell you exactly what would happen. The blogger would tell the blog frog's friend about the lily pad hopping and which blog the flower sat upon. The frog's blog friend's blog brother would tell the toad. The toad would find other toads to gossip with and pretty soon the whole pond would be contaminated with blossip.
That's blog + gossip for all you non-blog speakers.
8. What constitutues a proper spring fling? ie: Kinds of activities? How will time be spent? What should spring flingers do? What should they NOT do?
I asked the toad that very question. He jumped the shark.
9. If your fling lasts through summer is it still a spring fling?
Not if Lily finds out about the party pad.
10. How do you get out of a spring fling relationship?
The frog usually croaks.
Read about the Queen's mysterious fling here. And remember....
what happens in spring, stays in spring.I'm in such a pickle.
And I've got a few frogs to fling.
So to speak.
Although I've never set out to have a true meaningless fling - and it's doubtful I'll start now - every woman meets a few men in the course of her lifetime worthy of flinging. Whether she chooses to dip into a dangerous quagmire of transitory pleasure or merely fling the shivering frog as Grimm's princess did - in the true sense of the word - flinging is never easy either way.
Both kinds can lead to hellacious heartache if a girl is not cognizant of the intentions of every frog in her life. And depending on the whim of her skirt on any given day, lily pad jumpers could end up smashed on the castle wall. Regardless, life is amazing with the good and the bad.
It makes no difference whether they turn into princes or not.
It's the flinging - and the singing - that counts.