Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Studying War, Flying Peace


Does this really happen in my world?

War floats across my world like a blanket of pain. We watch it on the news and in our neighborhoods. You can see it in the eyes of children. Hear it in the unspoken "whys" of a mother with no food for her family. Understand it to the core in a soldier's staunch resolve. Feel it in the dirty tears of people on the run.
Strain to hear the whisper of a mother's heart whose son or daughter has perished in a god-forsaken place. With no good-bye.

Politics and religion aside, let me remember for one day that

Suffering is suffering.

War breeds poverty. Poverty breeds hunger. Hunger breeds indignity.

Can our words and collective thoughts and visions of a peaceful existence clear the smoke?

We tend to forget pain in less-publicized atrocities.We sometimes turn our faces from the pain we see each day all around us.Here's a reminder. It's not pretty.
Just fly the globes, people. Fly the globes.
War doesn't stop at the border.
Peace won't either.


This is why we blog for peace.

Note: Reposted from June 6, 2007 BlogBlast

12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow mimi, as i sit here in my comfortable home and look at the rest of the world things really get put in perspective, huh? thanks for all you have done for peace...

smiles, bee

Patti said...

let me second that ~ thanks for all you are doing, Mimi.

Mimi Lenox said...

I know, Bee. I actually started an article with details of each conflict in the world today - there are currently 29 according to Wikipedia - but had to stop because it was TOO MUCH. Very depressing.

Nonetheless, we have to look.

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - I'm so glad to have met you recently in cyberspace. I did think your idea of people "giving up something" on Wednesday as a way to honor those who suffer, is a good one. I am going to do that. I think people in the blogosphere have, and are doing a lot this week for the cause of peace. I think giving up two days of your own blog (if you're a Manic Monday or WW participant that is) for the cause of peace is really special.


I hope you will share with us your thoughts about what sacrifices you made as an encouragement to others.

Patti said...

I'm glad you liked the idea, Mimi. You are making me and others who lead comfortable lives (despite the day-to-day challenges) think about how lucky we truly are.
Thank you.

Mimi Lenox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - That is really the point, isn't it? When I think about the daily things I complain about it's just ridiculous. I have food, shelter, clean water and the list goes on.

How can we live in the same world with people who scrounge for food on a daily basis

Travis Cody said...

It is horrible to look, but we must witness. We must remember that war is a terrible thing, and by witnessing we strengthen our resolve for peace.

Patti said...

It is hard to comprehend. I guess we all need to be reminded of what some people do to survive.

Sandee said...

Since the beginning of time there has been war. I fear that history will continue to repeats itself.

Thank you for allowing all of us to take a moment and realize that peace is what the world needs. We get so wrapped up in ourselves we forget the suffering of millions. Peace to you Mimi. :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Comedy - I hope we can learn to rise above the fear and find a better way.

karen said...

Usually, Mimi, your posts make me laugh but this post made me cry. I'm glad to know that you are in my world, actively working against horrible acts and promoting peace - friends like you add strength to my hope.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...