Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday Mimisms ~ Mims Is Cooking

Hello readers! 
Sorry for my blog absence of late. My Prince and I are four days into our vacation. It is important to note that he is still somewhat alive after surviving a bit of my cooking. The bagels and cream were delicious. He said they were "the best bagels and cream cheese he'd ever eaten."
I made him say it but that doesn't count.
It was the thought.

So far I'm striking out with my kitchen skills. One more strike and it's speed dial menu the rest of the week. Bud doesn't care if I cook for him or not, but I thought I should try to make something special while he's here. So far, it certainly has been "special." As you know, he made delicious lobster for me while I was in New England for New Years. I wanted to do the same for him sans killing innocent life forms. He took me to an elegant restaurant last night for dinner and we had a wonderful time, but I think he just wanted me to see what an actual menu looks like with food that goes together.

Strike One:
Let's talk chili.
I made it for breakfast.
He was not amused.
He did not want beans for breakfast.
Who knew??!

Strike Two:

I put curry in the tossed salad.
I thought it would spice it up.


He hates curry.

Especially on greens.

Who knew??!!

Strike Three:
When I went grocery shopping, I bought Diet Pepsi instead of Diet Coke. Anybody who knows him knows he can't function without Diet Coke! He doesn't drink coffee in the mornings like most of America, he has to have a Diet Coke. I should know this.
Before he arrived I specifically asked what foods he would not eat.
His answer? "Asparagus." Is that all? I inquired.
Yes, just asparagus.
And now it's beans and curry! 

So tonight - as we speak! - I am cooking Pork Loin Roast with garlic and herbs, boiled cabbage, green beans and a fruit mixture for a celebratory dessert. Well.....let me get through the cooking of the pork first before we do too much celebrating. I read that cooking pork is pretty risky although I've never actually cooked a pork roast before.
I just checked on it.

It's not a pretty picture, folks. It does not look like the beautifully adorned pork roast on the wrapper that it was wrapped in when I bought it. Not the same at all. What happened to the color?

Twenty minutes until dinner and I'm in a panic!!
It's time to put the fruit in the bowls. Hopefully, I can accomplish that.
I'll tell you how it turns out........and if he survives.


Where are the candles?
And the fire extinguisher....




9 comments:

Liz Hill said...

Sugar--that man likes meat. I have only barely scratched the surface of his blog but T-Bone steak appeared at least twice.

Hope dinner turned out well

Email me for a fool proof--I swear to god--way to cook mouthwatering steaks--even without a grill

seriously

and a couple of other cooking tips I can pass along

hope you are living on love Sugar

Lady Epiphany said...

Turnbaby is right. He likes meat. And potatoes. He's half-Irish.

Mimi Lenox said...

Turnbaby - Yes, email the recipe. I'm sinking here....

Mimi Lenox said...

Noted, Epiphany.
I'll try to do better. He did say the pork was excellent. Maybe I redeemed myself a bit.

Anonymous said...

I believe in the thoughts and your thoughts counts a million
:)
I guess I will be totally helpless in the kitchen too
I'm sure the food will turn out fine and good

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Mimi: If he has you, he is not thinking of eating...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

honey here's a little tip:

for a romantic evening - don't cook cabbage!!!

smiles, bee

Mimi Lenox said...

Guys - Thanks for the advice. I need it! He did enjoy the pork roast dinner Monday night.
Last night we went to Bravo an Italian restaurant. Terrific food. Great evening!

Now....what's for dinner tonight.....

I'm thinking restaurant....

Linds said...

I came to your site via India's (lux-lumen.blogspot.com). Just wanted you to know that I so enjoy your writing... and I am so happy to read of the developing romance between you and your valentine. =)

Seeing as how I am in the midst of a flame that has burned out, your words have been refreshing, inspiring, and promising. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us "bloggers".

Here's to love. And life. Enjoy.

~ Linds

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...