That's 18 days and counting until November 30th rolls around and NaNoWriMo participants everywhere fall down in an exhausted heap of novelitis.
After that, we can all unleash our inner babes.
Or the male version of whatever that is.
So, for the next 18 days I will post reasons - guaranteed to make no sense - as I count down the days. Hopefully, the word count will go UP as I finish the rough draft of my novel. With regard to a previous inquiry - Paul wrote to say "I really need to know what a pencil skirt is."
A pencil skirt, Paul, is a retro curve-hugging knee-length preferably black clingy skirt with a slit usually in the front. It tapers to a narrow hem so that it impedes the wearer's stride. Hence, pencil skirt. Think brainy Lois Lane with a bit of inner babe wanting to escape. I use the term to hopefully draw attention to a mental image of a sassy reporter - my "character" Mimi Pencil Skirt. I shall retire mine until NaNo is over.
18 Ways to Unleash Your Inner Babe on December 1, 2006:
1. Buy new red pumps
4. Find a pinstripe pencil skirt at the mall
5. Chew seductively on your pencil wearing your pencil skirt
(no, NaNos...the pencil is not wearing the pencil skirt but you can't say that the other way around because then I'd be chewing on my skirt and that's just not cool)
6. Wear your new ensemble to the dentist while he fixes your tooth
7. Accidentally trip and fall in front of a cute guy wearing your pencil skirt (No, silly. The guy is not wearing the skirt)
8. Bat your eyelashes and explain you're so clumsy because you've been writing a novel for 30 days and you can't see. It will be a very short interaction but who really cares.
9. Go dancing by yourself. In the kitchen.
10. Light candles
11. Make up for all that exercise you missed.
12. Do TaeBo in your pencil skirt. The kicks might be a little tricky but can you think of anything sexier??
13. Flirt with the ambulance driver.
(make sure the pumps match the ambulance..)
14. Go out dancing with your girlfriends or have a drink with your guy friends. No one will mind that your leg cast doesn't match your skirt.
15. Make pouty faces in the mirror
16. Place an online order for a strawberry red collagen lip-enhancer.
17. Stop crying about the red pumps. They look just fine slipped over your toe boot. No one likes a crybaby.
18. Practice answering to "Yo Babe"