If you have to ask, you haven't been paying attention.
He's the creative genius behind the fastest growing blog in the blogosphere.....The Bestest Blog of All-Time.
I recently cyber-chatted with Bobby about his on-and offline life and he kindly consented to an interview. I know I'm curious; aren't you?
A definitive left-brain (he's a high school math teacher) with a penchant for right-brained humor (he loves comedic improv), he certainly knows how to balance the two into a sensational syllabus for success. Blogging 101.
And I do mean success.
He's developed a weblog with mega-traffic - 2,000+ unique visitors daily at last count - and unlike most upstarts, he wants to share the wealth. Not only that, he'll tell you how to start your own enterprise.
The Bestest Blog of All-Time made its internet debut barely four months ago and it's a cyber hit. Consider this blailer (that's Mimi blogspeak for blog trailer) a preemptive interview-strike of blogtastic things to come from this twenty-three year old entrepreneur. Once you hear what he has to say, I'm sure you'll agree with me that he is not only -dare I say - a humble brainiac - but also a regular Joe with a kind soul.
I'm convinced that Bobby Griffin has a sincere desire to promote and encourage other talents in Blogland; and he has the integrity and more than enough hutzpah to do it.
Let's listen in now. (Be sure to click on the links at the bottom for detailed information on some of Bobby's bestest ideas.)
An Interview with Bobby Griffin
An Interview with Bobby Griffin
By Mimi Lenox
1. What motivated you to start Bestest Blog in the first place?
-Boredom to tell you the truth. I have a lot of ideas but not always enough time to try them all. It just so happened that I had this idea that a point where I had a lot of free time on my hands.
2. Do you have other Internet or business ventures you're involved in that you'd like readers to know about?
-None that I’m personally involved with. But I do admire when other people have good ideas. For example Linkexperiment.com influenced my "Premium Blogs" idea. PayPerPost.com is another great blogging idea (use my email BobbyGriffin@gmail.com if you sign up here as a referrer!)
3. What one piece of advice would you give new bloggers? (Besides the obvious 'link to Bestest Blog' as in now)
-Blogging is about community. You can’t be a successful blogger (successful in the sense of lots of people read your blog) if you don’t read other people’s blogs, leave comments, and link to others. This is what ‘Bestest Blog’ is all about, just on a grander scale.
4. Can you think of a particular blogger/blog or website that has made a personal impact on you, even inspired you?
-I guess I should’ve read all the questions before I began answering them. LinkExperiment.com influenced my "Premium Blogs" idea. Other than that, I guess I made my site as an improvement to what I saw wrong with sites like BlogExplosion.com
5. You're always giving your readers good solid tips for maintaining their blog. What would you say is the worst mistake a blogger can make?
-The worst mistake a blogger could make is becoming inactive. There are a lot of blogs that I check on a regular (at least once a week) basis. If I go two or three weeks without seeing anything new there, I’m going to stop regularly visiting. Regular visitors are very hard to obtain, yet very easy to lose.
6. What’s your favorite type of blog? Photo? Technical? Humorous? Etc? Why?
Definitely humorous. I was in an improv comedy group in college and comedy is a big part of my life. All my favorite TV shows and movies are comedies.
7. What is your pet-peeve when reading/viewing others’ blogs? Is there one thing that makes you want to hit that Next Button or Random Blog click and get the heck out of Blodge?
I can’t stand excessive amounts of slang and keyboard shortcuts. If I see a blog with a post that starts like "OMG I saw thiz grl 2day she was sooooooo hot!" I am clicking away immediately
8. What we always wanted to know but were afraid to ask: Have you discovered a sure-fire way to make money online?
Would you share that secret with my readers?
9. How can blogging impact our world for the good?
10. I've heard it said that "Bloggers are taking over the world." I'd categorize Bestest Blog of All-Time as one of the leaders in "cutting edge blogging" (if you will) and innovation. Where do you see the direction of blogging headed and how do you plan to stay on top of this phenomenal movement?
11. And last but not least, inquiring minds want to know....…..Do you have a life??
-I do have a life, in fact I have more of a life now than I did when I started the blog, which makes it hard to keep up with it sometimes (luckily people like you, Julie, Morgen, and others have stepped up to help carry the load). I am a high school math teacher at a small Catholic school, I have a wife of only 1 year and 2 puppies (no kids yet). Basically any money I have made or will make on this blog goes right into the savings account until it’s time to make a down payment on our first house.
I know I speak for many when I say Thank you, Bobby Griffin for creating a kinder, gentler world of linking.
You are the absolute BESTEST.
Bobby's best ideas: Linking the Win-Win Way Bestest Blog of the Day Random Blog Button Premium Blog Bestest Blog Winners