Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Saturday, August 20, 2016

I Tried To Be A Cat Person. Once.

Welcome to the Queen's Meme 
7 Royal Questions
The Cat Meme 
(click this link to view questions and play along)

I would like to confess. About the cats.
I know it's un-American and a downright insult to my beloved Cat Blogosphere to not be a cat person but alas, I am not. Do you see the grief I put my poor dog Homer through? And he's just an internet dog!



I tried to be a cat person. Once. But I failed. Cats just don't like me. They hiss and spit and run in the other direction. Is it my perfume? My nails? My politics? Cats do not meow softly at me, they crouch in attack position and prepare the claws. I cannot retaliate because I might break a nail. Hence, I cannot even protect myself from cats. The only cats I get along with are the cats from The Cat Blogosphere. They are wonderful wonderful kitties with hoomans to look after.  Of that I am sure. And none of them - yet - has spit at me.

and they sure fly some marvelous peace globes


We shall talk cats this week. Puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.


1. Do you have  a cat? Would you care to post a pic of your cat?
    Alas, I do not have cats or even a cat. Does it count if you have an Internet gif cat?
    I didn't think so.


2. What is your cat's name?

    Persian Patticakes. She's white and fluffy and very elegant. We share jewelry sometimes.


3.  What makes you love cats?

      Well, I love cats if they're YOUR cats, because I love my friends and their family is my       family. I'm always amazed at the love and care and attention cat owners give their pets. It takes a special kind of soul to care for an animal. I know it's not a good match for me personally, but I see how so many people love and adore their cats. It is very touching. And I'm a little envious.


4.  If you are not a cat person, why not?

     I don't know. My mother was afraid of cats. When I was little she could never be near them.      If a stray cat came in the yard she'd run in the house screaming. A peculiar phobia...but one      I respected and never teased her about. Hence, no cats for me either.


5. What is the funniest thing your cat has ever done?

     My cat Patticakes once strayed off the blog and had a relationship with one of the other cats 
    in the Cat Blogosphere.  It was scandalous!!! I kept getting Valentine cards and mushy love 
     notes in my email box. At first I thought they were for me!  I have to keep an eye on her.... She's not supposed to date until she's sixteen!


6. Do you think you have to have a special gene to be a cat person or can a hooman be trained to love cats?
I didn't get the gene. For sure. It's best that I spare the little kitties my lack of feline understanding. It's best for all of us.


7. Do you think cats have feelings and can talk to their owners?
 I have come to believe this just watching how my friends (some of you) relate to their cats. Of course, I'm no stranger to talking pets on this blog. Homer is always butting in the conversation. He talks so much that Patticakes can't get a purrrrr in edgewise.



8. (BONUS Question)  The Rainbow Bridge is the place where cats go when they pass away. I think it's a lovely idea and because of my Cat Friends, I now believe in it too. If humans could have a bridge of their own in the afterlife, what would you name it?
I believe in the afterlife. I believe in eternity. I hope there is a beautiful long ethereal bridge to help me cross over into the next realm. We'll name it Chapter Two.


This is my Persian Patticakes. She has been sitting on my blog for ten years. I think that's a lot in cat years and blogging years. I've never had to feed her. She's not grumpy or cantankerous like Homer either. Maybe if I had a real cat like Patticakes, I could be a cat person too.



I hope you will play along this week and leave your link in the comment section below. Here's to all the cat owners! Questions at The Queen's Meme


Like Our Facebook Page

8 comments:

Mark In Mayenne said...

I am a cat person. No doubt about it. Dogs I tolerate and they tolerate me. Some even seem to like me. But I'm a cat person.

My tomcat is called Minuit because he's all black, no moonlight at all.

He talks. He must be part Siamese. At 4AM he explains where he has been and where the best mice were to be found.

People go over the rainbow bridge too, else how would they find their cats?

Mark In Mayenne said...

I am a cat person. No doubt about it. Dogs I tolerate and they tolerate me. Some even seem to like me. But I'm a cat person.

My tomcat is called Minuit because he's all black, no moonlight at all.

He talks. He must be part Siamese. At 4AM he explains where he has been and where the best mice were to be found.

People go over the rainbow bridge too, else how would they find their cats?

Mimi Lenox said...

Good point about the Rainbow Bridge, Mark. I hope they'll let me walk and see all the sights.

Minuit sounds awesome. I'd like to hear him talk..... as long as we're not talking about mice. LOL

Coco said...

1. No, but I had a cat a long time ago.
2. Her name was Kerry.
3. I don't love cats. Cats are okay if you can't have a dog. It's better than having no pet at all, I guess.
4. I'm not a cat person because dogs are better. Better than cats, and better than most people.
5. Kerry would sit on the dinner table and systematically push the cutlery off, one piece at a time. It was funny even though it was annoying because it was such an a**hole cat thing to do. She also attacked someone who came into the house wearing a fur coat. That was just plain funny, although it scared my aunt quite a bit.
6. I think people have a predilection one way or the other for cats or dogs or whatever, but it probably has to do with what you learn as a child, too.
7. Cats seem to be narcissistic to an extreme and everything has to be on their terms. Dogs, on the other hand, are basically walking furbags of love, forgiveness and joy. Dogs are what people would be like in a perfect world.
8. I'm going where my dogs went. Don't need a different bridge because it wouldn't be heaven if there were no dogs.

Now, for the rest of the story. ;)
I am a dog person (surprise!). I have had cats in the past because my parents said they were less work and they were okay as pets, but once I graduated university and moved into my own place, dogs were it for me. I've had 3 dogs in my adult life, all of them rescues of vague parentage: large, hairy beasts with a predilection to drooling and shedding enough for a build-a-dog kit. My first two were primarily of husky descent and they would talk your ear off. Amanda, in particular, had an opinion on everything, but she was part border collie and had the brains to make things interesting. When Daisy came along, Amanda took on the role of dog tutor and did it so well that I really didn't need to do any additional training. Unfortunately, Mandy passed on her gift of gab, so Daisy was quite a chatterbox as well, but without the smarts. Picture a 110-lb fluffy blue-eyed, blonde Barbie doll lapdog, and you've got the idea. Amanda passed away a month short of her 15th birthday but she was always my guardian angel and I don't suppose that has changed. Daisy had just turned 14 when she crossed the rainbow bridge and I know she is with her sister, waiting for the family to be reunited someday. We only lasted a few months without a dog and even that was a struggle (my son is as much a dog person as his mom). Now we have Samantha. Black lab/rottweiler and pretty much a walking heart. She's never met a living thing that she didn't love. She's got such a sweet disposition that last year when she was old enough, we decided to train her as a companion dog and now we visit special care homes and hospitals a couple times a week to share that love with others.
Feel free to cut and paste this if you do a similar dog post. Cheers! ;)

Stacey Minter said...

I am a cat person but have no cats as of right now since I am hoping to get one soon againm. I grew up with cats and loved all of them. Here are my answers for this week. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

https://staceyschneller06.wordpress.com/2016/08/20/the-cat-meme/

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Love this post, especially Coco's comment, with which I totally relate.

Mimi Lenox said...

Coco - Samantha sounds amazing. I love the way you describe her as a walking heart. Thanks for the interesting answers!

Mimi Lenox said...

Stacey - I am behind on my meme peeps. Coming over to read you soon. Thanks for playing and I hope you have been well.


Sherry - Thanks for visiting. I love seeing your friendly face from the shores of Canada.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...