Ten Things I'm Doing in 2013
That I Said I'd Never Do
(It's a fine thing when nobody cares.)
1. I think I have almost kicked the Coca Cola habit. One glass in 2 weeks. I can do this! What was my 12-step secret?
I quit drinking it.
2. I am dating an older man (but not by too much). You'd never guess unless he told you. Ummm...Ladies....I am finding that life experience and kindness more than makes up for anything I imagined I might be missing. What was I thinking???!! (and being a younger woman is way cool) Wink
3. I stopped writing the Queen's Meme every week and nobody died.
Or even cared.
Yippee!!! (But you can find a slew of memes by Yours Truly at mimiqueenofmemes.blogspot.com) You're welcome to answer them any time.
4. After stopping the writing of The Queen's Meme, I realized how much I missed answering memes. It gave me a funny outlet sometimes. I need to do that more. You are welcome to laugh. Or not.
A meme is a great date conversation piece. If you say it's a "meme" it doesn't sound so much like a secret interview. I hope he isn't reading this.
5. I stopped writing Dating Profiles Of The Day when I started dating and during peace globe season. People DID care and wrote to tell me. I need to revamp it and carry on. It's time. Sorry, folks. I'll be back soon...with a new idea. Stay tuned.
6. I've almost cured my chronic insomnia. No more dark circles. No more unexplained bruises. No more walking through the day like a zombie. What was my 12-step secret?
I went to bed.
7. I am playing the piano again. Kinda sorta with lots of mistakes. The broken wrist is so-so but I AM playing the piano with not much rotation and quite a bit of pain. But it's still early in the recovery game and I did not think I would be able to play at all. I am (kinda sorta...)
8. I scaled way back on Christmas gifts this year and nobody cared. Instead of 10 gifts for Baby Boy, he got 2 and dinner out at our traditional pizza place with Bleu Cheese and Ranch on endless crackers and a riveting discussion on his 3rd grade love life. And he's so big now he placed his own order (Medium Cheese Pizza, please, and lemonade....yuck). Baby Beans, on the other hand, is too young to notice and ran from Santa Claus in the mall.
9. Speaking of malls....I hate them. Me? Hate malls? When I went last week to find a dress for New Year's Eve, it was a disaster and a waste of time and I had to find another store. Our mall has become the teeny-bopper hang-out of the Universe with people just standing around in groups discussing video games looking like their Mamas don't know where they are.
I am not amused.
10. I drank cranberry juice on New Year's Eve and a sip of champagne at midnight. What is different about that? I didn't have to pretend I like wine when in fact it doesn't like me, and Yours Truly did not embarrass herself by almost falling down when she got up to go to the Ladies Room. (Don't ask) He said I needed an eyedropper to drink wine instead of a glass. On the next date he proactively ordered "Cranberry juice for the lady" and had a Baileys. Just one.
See? Nobody cared!
Some things never change.
Join us for BlogBlast For Peace Nov 4, 2013