Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Mimisms ~ I'd Rather Marry an Evil Pygmy


No wonder my ponytail keeps flipping in my eyes and the salt fell out of the salt shaker. The castle has flipped. I am flipped too.

This blasted Daylight Savings nightmare gives me nightmares. It takes two weeks for my delicate royal body clock to adjust. I have to sleep on peas ya know.  It's supposed to be 9:19 pm right now. Instead it is 10:19 and just a short breath away from the horrible evil alarm clock sound. I hate that sound worse than anything. Why do we need to save daylight? It's not like it's going anywhere.

 I'd rather have a root canal, marry an evil pygmy or listen to Rush Limbaugh than go to work tomorrow. ..oh, wait, that's the same thing....


I can think of a million reasons why I should call in sick. The castle falling upside down made such a mess in the kitchen and caused my equilibrium to un-equil itself back to normal. I LIKE being slightly off kilter!  All the change fell out of the change jar and I have to count all those pennies. My shoe is untied, my hair is a little frizzy and I think I forgot to remember something important.  I noticed just the other day that one of Bloggingham's trees needs a manicure. Three matching pairs of socks were found behind the refrigerator which is so unusual - the matching part - that it surely must be a bad omen and I should stay inside. I now must learn to play my piano with my feet and pedal with my hands. Being upside down ain't easy ya know. And there are spider webs all over the floors.

I think I'll play hookey and go to the park.
Can someone give me a few tips on driving upside down?


4 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Playing hookey sounds like a good way to spend the day. But I get this Thursday and Friday off for a long March Madness weekend, so I have to go to work today.

Word of caution...please take care and don't fall up today!

Mimi Lenox said...

Travis - Oh you! Why didn't I think of falling UP in this post. That was so funny.

I'll try.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

DANGER: Walking in an up-side-down world can be hazardous! [:-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

it always hits me the day after....ya know I kinda like it though

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...