Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday Mimisms ~ What does one wear to a kidnapping?

"Don't ask questions, just meet us there at five. You can get in our car then. It's a surprise, Mom."
"You're kidnapping your mother on Mother's Day?"
"I really can't say...."
I had to duct tape my mouth to keep my pencil head from trying to wiggle the truth out of him...and he's too old to threaten house arrest. But please! What will I weeaaaarrrr?? You're putting me in your car?? I don't like the way he drives, I'm thinking, I hope he doesn't blindfold me too.

I did as I was told and showed up in a skirt.
"Close your eyes, Mom. Don't come in here yet!"
Voila

A dozen pink roses appeared.
In a vase. With water!

A card opened up.
With lovely words


I got in the car. Riding shotgun. No blindfolds. Just whispering and secrets. We rode a looooong way through curvy 2-lane roads and finally a smidgen of civilization showed up.
"Close your eyes, Mom. It's time for Surprise No. 2. We're almost there."
"But....I....where...."
Yes. A restaurant named after ME! Reallllly? Think about it.
(I'd heard of it before but I tried to act surprised ya see......don't tell 'em)
A menu appeared.
Broiled chicken breast topped with garlic mushrooms and lemon caper butter sauce. Served with mashed potatoes and broiled asparagus

Someone really cooked this? Someone named Mimi?
Surely she is no relation to me.
Yummy!
We sat under an umbrella outside, finishing our meal under a perfect warm sky and love that matched the breeze.

I thanked No #1 son and his lovely lady (do I hear wedding bells??) and drove back to Bloggingham happy and content. 

It was good to be surprised. 
Very good.


10 comments:

Finding Pam said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Best wishes to your son and his girlfriend.

Dawn Drover said...

What a lovely and thoughtful surprise!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

what a wonderful Mother's Day for you dear lady...congrats

Travis Cody said...

Sounds like an all around excellent kidnapping!

Linda said...

What Travis said! If you're going to get kidnapped, this is definitely the way to do it!

Such lovely Mother's Day memories!

Mimi Lenox said...

I was so blessed on Sunday to spend time with them. They really made my day very special.

Ferd said...

What an excellent surprise!

Gail, Eric and I just ate at Mimi's a couple of weeks ago. We found a nice place to bird at the nearby Bog Garden, and that's a good thing to do with Eric.

Mimi Lenox said...

It was a great day!

Renee said...

I love being surprised...sometimes...and what they did for you for mum's day is the best! One year my daughter's rented a limo to take us into Seattle and what a time. I loved it! Thanks for sharing!

Desert Songbird said...

Clearly, the said certain lovely lady has taught the young man how to revere his momma PROPERLY. :)

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...