Welcome to the Queen's Meme #66. We're all about ones today in the year of the ones.
Do the math.
Do the math.
1. What were you doing at 1:11 am on 1/1/11?
2. Did you watch the New Year's Eve hoopla on television at midnight or did you make your own hoopla?
I made hoopla. Yes. Really.
3. I know this is a tired meme question and really should be retired, but can you tell us just ONE of your New Year's resolutions?
I resolve to forget about all resolutions. Instead, I will make promises to myself.
I shall keep them to myself.
4. What was the one greatest lesson you learned in 2010.That true forgiveness isn't about judging someone or even recognizing their faults. It really has little to do with the other person and everything to do with me. It was one of the hardest concepts to wrap my brain around because our natural impulse as humans is to remain in reactionary/protective mode when we are injured and especially when we are betrayed. But remaining "on guard" is an exhausting way to live for any length of time.
So I had to turn my mind off and attempt to choose compassion instead of hate - and take an honest look at the other person/person's possible motivations. It took awhile but I have realized that people lash out and sometimes even do bizarre things when they feel threatened, defensive, or when they themselves have been hurt. Returning more hurt to someone who hurts you keeps the cycle of pain going for both of you.
Who wants to be in pain?
5. Can you recall a news story from 2010 that affected you greatly and/or personally?
6. If you could have just one thing in 2011, what would it be?
Happiness on the faces of everyone I love
7. Pick and age: 20 or 11. Which one was best for you and why?
Eleven. Hands down. It is that magic year in a girl's life before she even knows she's about to be thrown into womanhood. You feel wildly androgynous, on the cusp of lovely discoveries and perfectly happy with it all. It was a year of freckles for me. Can I go back, please?