Welcome to the Queen's Meme #60!
Since we are having a meme birthday I thought I'd wax celebratory. Do you mind?
"When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."
So imagine you're 60 even if you're not and answer the questions.
There will be cake.
1. When I'm 60 I'd like to know more about men and their quirky ways (yes! I'm talking to you!!) and less about why I care to know in the first place. **excuse me, I had a moment**
2. At my 60th birthday party, I can only invite 3 people. They are....
Indira Ghandi, Jacqueline Kennedy and Baby Boy.
The child will have a list of questions for the other 2 guests - and then we'll play Pin The Tail On The Donkey and eat cake.
3. "To me old age is always fifteen years older than I am" said Bernard Baruch.
What do you consider old age?
I hate the word "old"...it belongs on CHEESE, not people.
4. Tom Stoppard was overheard saying, "Age is a high price to pay for maturity."
What does "maturity" mean to you at any age?
To me, maturity means the emotional stability that comes with life experience (not so much in years but the ability to process your experiences and learn from them) and acting like an adult with some manners and class. I've seen 12-year-olds who had more of that than some fifty+-year-olds I've known.
5. Joan Rivers said "Looking fifty is great… if you're sixty."
Do you worry about age lines and wrinkles?
Bwaahaaaaha......Everybody knows that if you "worry" you get more of them.
The water in Bloggingham's castle moat is streaming in from the
Fountain of Youth.
The architect planned well.
6. Comment on this quote by Euripides
"If we could be twice young and twice old we could correct all our mistakes."
Guess I'll just have to live with those mistakes. Most of mine were made in the middle!
7. Pablo Picasso said, "One starts to get young at the age of sixty and then it's too late."
What do you do now to stay young and enjoy your life?
Staying young is not the problem. It's a mental shift. Totally. From thinking "old" to thinking "young."
All else follows.
All else follows.
I told you there would be cake.