Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Up A Tree






1. What is your typical weekend like?
Why? Are you coming over?



2. Are you a party animal or a couch potato on the weekends?
Neither. I am a party potato.


3. It wasn’t until 1940 that the two-day weekend became nationwide. I say it’s time for three-day weekend across the whole world! .Wouldn’t you love to work 4 days and off 3 all the time? Do you think this is a good idea?
It's my idea. Of course it's a good idea. Sigh.

4. Do you consider Sunday as a traditional day of rest?
I consider Sunday is a traditional day of rest for some folks. For me, there is nothing traditional about it. I like my weekends to be as unpredictable as possible.

5. What are your around-the-house weekend chores?
Chores? That's funny.
Sometimes I sweep the north tower for kicks.

6. If you have a significant other in your life or are dating, what is your favorite indoor and outdoor activity?
Indoor is unbloggable. I prefer that it stay that way.
Outdoor is unbloggable too.
So there.

7. Where would go for a romantic weekend getaway?
1600 Pencil Skirt Avenue
Bloggingham
Castle

Bloggingham
, USA


8. Do you have any special weekend traditions, quirks or rituals?
Diving for pearls in the moat is always a nice Saturday afternoon touch. Quirks? Me? Quirky?

9. What is your weekend blogging routine?
Spontaneity is my routine. I actually turn the alarm clock OFF as soon as I get home on Friday afternoon. I love sleeping in.

10. Tell us about your favorite weekend memories as a child?
Going to my uncle's lake for a fish fry, swimming, baseball, croquet games and cookout with our large extended family. Cousins and treehouses and catching fireflies and tire swings and music. Oh! And the teenage friend of my first cousin who was the object of my endless eternal crush throughout puberty. Lucky guy. I nearly drove him nuts trying to get close to him in that treehouse in the woods. (I hope my mother isn't reading this.)
My uncles and their friends brought guitars, mandolins, banjos and all manner of musical instrument. We danced and sang and giggled and ate fresh caught fish breaded with beer and cornmeal. Homemade hushpuppies and slaw with all kinds of desserts by the womenfolk. And southern iced tea by the gallons to die for. Cornbread! Don't forget the cornbread. I think there might have been some grown up hanky panky going on behind the barn too....now that I think about it. Hmmm......

I'll leave you with Banjo Man here.
He brings back wonderful memories.

There is a black and white photo somewhere of me in a canoe with my dad and brothers and sisters at one of these gatherings. The only one in the boat wearing a lifejacket......was daddy! I'll try to find it for you.
Goodnite all!


Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I want to sleep in that treehouse and eat fish and chips there.

Anonymous said...

Party potato = Brilliant!!

Mouse said...

That is a wonderful memory Mimi, sounds cool as a grownup too!

Akelamalu said...

2. Are you a party animal or a couch potato on the weekends?
Neither. I am a party potato.


That made me chuckle! LOL

Cooper said...

#2 - that was my original answer!!!! great minds....

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles- Wouldn't that be cool?

Eternally Distracted - Why, thank you.

Mouse - Totally.

Akelamalu- Glad to be your chuckle giver today.

Cooper - That is scary, my friend, scary....lol

Xmichra said...

yum, that fish looks delish!

Funny that you and coops are party-potato's..lol

Finding Pam said...

What a fantastic tree house. I could hide out for a while.

Your family sounds like a fun bunch of folks.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm not good with spontaneous...it has to be planned.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Only 10 this time? You do listen to me!

The Gal Herself said...

What's up with that cousin today? Do you two ever see each other at family gatherings? Do you acknowledge your unrequited love?

Mimi Lenox said...

Xmichra - It was funny!

Pam - So many years ago...

Vinny - It occasionally happens. Smile.

Jean-Luc - Sometimes it's good to plan..but I do love spontaneity.

Gal - Ummm no. On all counts.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...