Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Asteroids and Stupidity



So much crazy news out there lately - from sunbursts to outbursts to implants to supplements. Here are a few topics spinning off the news wire. I had a few things to say about them. Wanna play along?

1. What would you do about the BP oil spill? Give us your suggestions.
We need a big mop with the Boy Scout motto written on it.
Be Prepared.
Apparently,
BP wasn't.

2. Tipper and Al Gore are calling it quits.
They had a good run. They are human and transparently brave. I wish them well.
Oh. And I hope both of them find lots and lots of global warming to keep them warm at night.


3. It’s hot! The heat index topped 104 degrees today in some parts of the United States. How is the weather in your part of the world?

It's hot! The heat index topped 104 degrees today in some parts of the United States. That's why I wrote the question. I'm hot.

4. Do you think smoking should be banned in public places?
Smoking is banned in Bloggingham USA. When will the rest of the world catch up? I try to lead by example you know....

5. Unemployment from the top down: Do you think President Obama has a good chance or no chance of being re-elected in the next US election?
No chance. He needs a mop with a Be Prepared Next Time sign.

6. What??! Actor Gary Coleman’s wife reportedly sold private pictures of the deceased actor on his deathbed.
I walked by a tabloid stand today and saw this despicable sight. Hardly anything people do shocks me anymore but this was truly awful.

7. Texting while driving. Do you? Don't you? Will you? Won't you?
I pull over to text but am guilty of talking on the phone while driving and reading texts. I shouldn't do either.

8. Lindsay Lohan. Has she been treated fairly or unfairly by the legal system?
IDC
That's text language for I Don't Care.
(I pulled over)

9. The Sarah Palin rumor mill caught wind of her recent decision to have breast implants….so said the reporters-who-need-to-get-a-job-and-stop-making-up-news. She has denied the earthshaking allegations. Was this really news?
This was stupidity. If President Obama had gotten breast implants, now that would have been news. Sarah?
Not so much.

10. An asteroid is supposed to hit Earth this Friday. Are you prepared?
I need to renew my asteroid insurance by then. Otherwise, I'm good.



Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, Mimi! That photo of the Gores at the beginning of their marriage is new to me and so very touching.

Mimi Lenox said...

Gal - It was just put into Wikimedia as public domain. I loved it too.

Travis Cody said...

We're wrapping up 9 months of construction on my condo. So the asteroid will likely veer from it's course to fall on my condo.

Mimi Lenox said...

Gama - Huh?

Travis - LOL! Let's hope not.

Charles Gramlich said...

It's hot here too. REally hot. And I have no implants. Although I still have bits of highway in me in places.

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - The heat index in the south is insane today. Storms last night. It's going to be an interesting summer.

Anonymous said...

again...we seem simpatico on #2...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You had half my answer for #1. Maybe it is Obama who has had the implants but is trying to blame someone else?

Xmichra said...

I like how you made a question about lidsey lohan, just to make the point that you don't care! lol.. that mad me laugh :)

Jeff B said...

Oh great...there go my plans for this Saturday.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...