It's not original. It's not my idea. This meme has been around in various forms. Call it whatever you wish. But I thought it would be interesting to make a wish list of things you want to accomplish or do before you ....um....well....die. Cheery, no? Just like the two characters in the 2007 motion picture, The Bucket List, we all have a list in our heads. I'm not sure I've ever actually written mine down. Some I've already crossed off. I think it's time for a fresh new slate of ideas and direction for me. I've been through a lot of change in the last year. And even though the list might change periodically, nevertheless, the task gives me pause.
What AM I doing to push forward those dreams of mine? Maybe it will help if I write them down. And what hinders me from getting them done? That is the bigger question.
What's on your list?
(in no particular order)
1. Get published (as in yesterday)
2. Settle a few scores, right a few wrongs, smack a few people. (Just kidding about that last part. Maybe.)
3. Forgive a few people including myself at times (See? I told you I was kidding) I'm working on that. Seriously. Life is short.
4. Go to Italy.
5. Go to New York and see as many live shows and concerts as possible.
6. Make love in the rain (not necessarily in New York) with someone I love. In a pinch I'd settle for a thunderstorm proper roaring outside and a raincoat....ummm....nevermind. As long as the thunder rolls and the lightning flashes.
7. Find and enjoy my one and only.... I've been thinking lately about what I would do with him once I found him. Fodder for another post - and some totally unbloggable. Hmmm....he must be near. Something's in the air. I can tell.
I think it's my year.
8. Finish and expand the creative projects I've started, including peace globes.
9. Live to see my family happy, peaceful, healthy, and secure. HAPPY being the operative word.
10. Sing karaoke in a seedy smoky bar wearing a very short skirt and lots of smoke wafting by. Don't ask me why.
I just have to do it.
11. Stop working full time and live the second half of my life a bit more carefree. (If I don't die from the smoke in #10)
12. Sing a duet with Andrea Bocelli and Rod Stewart. A girl can dream.
13. Go shopping in Morocco
**I think I should write this list every week or so. I keep thinking of things to add and delete and modify!
P.S. Rod said no.
Back to the drawing board.