Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Sleeting. Oh joy.

This part of winter I can do without.
But since I'm here and waiting for the power to go out (forgive me if I stop in mid-sentence) I thought I'd say hello.
Ten things I must do immediately.

1. Find the Cheetos

2. Find the candles

3. Find the matches

4. Chop some firewood

5. Wrap the outdoor pipes

6. Wrap myself in layers

7. Charge the cellphone

8. Charge the camera batteries

9. Find extra covers for my Queen bed

10. Where are my wool socks???!

I shall return.
I hope.



Bookmark and Share
Photo: Wikimedia.org Public domain

15 comments:

Mark In Mayenne said...

A bleeze? That would be a shame...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats, stay warm, best wishes!

Travis Cody said...

You're having quite the week of weather! Stay warm, dry, and safe.

Charles Gramlich said...

how could something so lovely be so unpleasant. Sleet. The winter gift that keeps on giving.

bobbybegood1 said...

Oh joy, I am soooooo jealous. I love the winter and everything that goes with it. Snow, ice, cold, white, hot toddies, scarfs, hats, gloves, flannel and a big, fine hunk of a man to warm me under the covers. Ha. Cheers Mimi!!

The Gal Herself said...

Ah, My Queen, this sounds like a terrific adventure for you. And Homer. Don't forget Homer. He looks like he has very short legs and may not fare so well in a high snow drift.

j said...

Hunker down (although I'm not sure that Queens hunker) and stay warm! It has been a crazy winter!

Mimi Lenox said...

Cogitator - Ha! Bleeze...You have been around this blog too long.
Ha!

Mimi Lenox said...

Gary - I'm toasty warm. How are you?

Mimi Lenox said...

Trav - Odd weather we're having here, ain't it? (Which movie did that come from?? Hmmm???)

I promise not to sing that song!

Mimi Lenox said...

Charles - And giving again next week!

Mimi Lenox said...

Bobby - Don't be jealous just yet. I could get really cranky before this is over.

Mimi Lenox said...

Gal - I tend to forget about Homer's short legs in winter. Thank you for reminding me! You are always looking out for Homer and I appreciate it (so does he, believe me)

Mimi Lenox said...

Jen - I know how to hunker. Lots of practice lately! Speaking of hunk...oh...never mind.

Durward Discussion said...

Worse comes to worst, you can hitch up Homer to the royal dog sled.

Did someone say "hunk" ... keep your toes warm among other things.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...