Send your peace globes to
blog4peace @ yahoo.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Mimisms ~ SHHH! I'm On Vacation


Sort of. Lots of shaking up in the castle this weekend. I missed the Golden Globes. I missed Peace Globes. I missed it all. But I did get a chance to do some things I've been wanting to do for some time. This no-blogging on-the- weekends rule is working out quite well. Now if I could just feel the same about holidays you wouldn't be reading this now. But this is an especially important one and I wouldn't miss it..

So today when you start feeling discouraged about the state of our world (talking to moi) and the challenges we face (talking to moi) and the way it gets you down sometimes (talking to moi) and all the rest of life's little irritations that don't amount to a hill 'o beans (my Granny used to say that)...think of a man who had the courage to stand up in a time of inevitable loss and tragedy that surely came his way too soon - and yet he pressed on to write and deliver and breathe and inspire generations of people with four powerful words.

I have a dream.

But see.... what Granny and her hill'o beans knew and the thousands shown here surely witnessed that day was sometimes just putting one foot in front of the other will start you on your way EVEN in a sea of tumultuous change. Transition - a monumental shift in the heart of the universe - that's what Dr. King's legacy still means. And the hope I see ringing loud and clear in these listeners still inspires me.

The year is only three weeks old. Just a baby. But I've made a lot of progress. Life happens that way sometimes. Just when you least expect it, someone or something comes along and rearranges your cornflake bowl.

And just when your cereal is soggy and sinking (I promise to tell you about the weeping fest in the parking lot on Sunday which was just part of this insane weekend. Sigh. I promise!)......all of a sudden you realize that there isn't a problem too large that can't be faced with a little ingenuity, a whole lot of patience and a willingness to c.h.a.n.g.e. y.o.u.r. m.i.n.d.

Today I'm choosing to take Dr. King's words personally and let the unimportants roll off and look at the bigger picture. I am thankful to be facing new challenges (did I just say that?)!

They always come with intrinsic surprises.
Dr. King knew that.

I am learning.


6 comments:

Mojo said...

Weep-fest? That doesn't sound good, or does it? Sounds like it may have opened a door to something good at least. I hope so.

I have to say that so far 2010 is shaping up to be a very good year. At least in my little universe it is. In the larger picture... I can't say. But it's been incredibly good to me so far.

Hope some of that rubs off on you Mimi. And sooner rather than later.

Travis Cody said...

These are the benefits you accrue from trying to find the positive. You only have control over your own attitude. And when you can create an effective change in your own attitude, then you set a positive example for others to see.

Then they can learn the same lessons. Change starts with us as individuals.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

peace Mimi :)

Dawn Drover said...

My Dad used to say "it's just another bump in the road"....

I think you're handling your bumps quite well!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Learning is a good thing indeed

I try every day

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm finding the no blogging weekends to be nice as well. Helps keep me fresh.

Link Within



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...