I've tried to avoid this subject. It is the fickle fodder of many a meme these days. Romance, s*x, relationships and breakups are really nobody's business. Wouldn't you say? Or perhaps it's the questions that are too personal and a bit juvenile at times. Middle school smooching is not exactly the end all and be all of civilization. (Is it? I don't know. I seem to have forgotten.) To tell you the truth, I'm getting just a little sick of all the love shenanigans going on in the dungeon down below. I can hear you. You are all just a wee bit too happy if you ask me. If I didn't know better I'd swear you want to stay!
But seriously, we could all use a little lot of romance in our lives. I promise not to ask questions that would make your mother blush. I suggest you tell her not to read your blog tomorrow.
Bloggingham Love Shack (aka The Romance Meme) Click to play!
1. What is the craziest thing you've ever done in the name of love?
I started a blog. It has proved infinitely productive in finding a mate. No??
2. How much mystery should there be in a relationship? Is it a good thing or not?A fair amount of mystery is a good thing as long as there is no deception.
I did receive a mysterious message left in the comment section today from an Anonymous person on the Queen's Meme blog He (maybe she..who knows?) wrote a lovely thing. This is just part of it: " You write with such passion it makes me think. ....What I would not give to go for dinner with you just once, only to share the feeling of good companionship, to see you smile, and hear you laugh and get to know the real you.".....and other lovely things.
3. Is there someone in the blogosphere you'd like to get to know more intimately? Have you been too shy to ask? Let me help you. Write a 3 sentence anonymous blove letter to them in this meme.
Leave a link if you dare. (I promise not to tell!)Taking a deep breath. Here goes.
"Dear Adorable Blogger Person,
"I've been meaning to tell you for the longest time that I ....find you an absolute conundrum and irresistibly mysterious. You visit me daily and leave no comment but I know who you are. Please reveal yourself in an email or here. I promise not to throw you in the dungeon. Unless you dig dungeons. Perhaps you are the anonymous one?"
Or if you wish, do some matchmaking instead. "Dear Blogger #1 and Blogger #2, I think you would be perfect for each other. This is why..."Thank you Mimi Pencil Skirt. Now I have that stupid Matchmaker song stuck in my pencil head. Who wrote this meme??!
4. Describe a "perfect evening" with the one you love.
Planned perfect evenings sometimes go awry when perfectly planned. It is the spontaneity of romance that makes me smile. A kiss in the rain, an unexpected dance in public, fiddling on the roof (Oh just STOP with the song, will ya??!) Perfection is so overrated.
(Photography by Meredith Green Public Domain. Don't you love the bare feet?)
5. If you are in a relationship, describe the one thing that makes it work well for you. If you are not in a relationship, do you want to be? If so, what type of romance are you looking for? What would it look like in your life?
Communication is the key in ANY good relationship. But that is a practical love matter. Truly? Pinkie swear: I want to be swept away in the cords of friendship with someone and fall in the lap of an honest and unexpected passion. Sort of like bungee jumping on pheromones - without the net.
6. If you had to choose between having good s*x (I told you not to let your mother read this) OR intelligent conversation on a regular basis, which would you choose and why?
7. I've got the Bloggingham Blues. What type of man is right for Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt? Do any of you see love in her foreseeable future? What do you suggest I do to spice up my love life? What am I doing wrong????!
You have given me sage advice from across the blogosphere today. I really asked the question with no expectation of serious answers. It was a lark, a fleece perhaps. I do understand that I am not doing anything wrong, per se, as many of you said. I also understand that there are many people out there trying to bump into each other and we can't see to do it to save our lives. The things you wrote in your memes on the state of my love life were kind and uplifting. Thank you. Some were in private emails as well and can't be reprinted (!) but I appreciate those too! You know who you are.